Would lipo be okay for my mid section? (Photo)

I do not want a tummy tuck. I got a c section 2 years ago and the pain just from that was enough. Would I be able to just get aggressive lipo? Maybe a little fat added to the top of my butt, since I have more weight on my butt at the bottom. Been reading that lipo and TT together can cause necrosis. Definitely do not want that.

Liposuction and abdominoplasty

It is difficult to determine if you need liposuction or an abdominoplasty from the photo provided and without an in person examination.  I can understand your concern regarding discomfort because of your experience with your c-section.  For my abdominoplasty patients I recommend Exaparel.  It is a great medication that provides up to 72 hours of pain relief.  Should your surgeon recommend a tummy tuck this may be a good option for you.

Keep in mind that liposuction can de-fat your abdomen but it cannot remove loose skin.  Overly aggressive liposuction can result in loose skin, but liposuction done with skill and discretion can help you to achieve a great improvement.  Fat grafting to the buttocks can provide you with more balance and create height at the top, making the buttocks appear high and lifted.  Many women find this very desirable.  It is not recommended to have an abdominoplasty and  fat grafting done at the same time.      

Liposuction and tummy tuck can be safely combined when performed by a skilled and experienced surgeon.  Common areas of liposuction include the hips, flanks, back, bra area, lateral and medial thighs.     

Lipo in place of a tummy tuck?

In your case it appears that you'd benefit from weight loss as well as liposuction.  Lipo will leave behind the loose skin but I'm guessing that you have a lot of subcutaneous fat to be removed with lipo.  This could reduce your girth by several inches and improve your silhouette.

Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to review your options.  Without weight loss or lipo to thin the fat layer I don't think you'd be a good candidate to undergo a tummy tuck at this time anyway.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD