Do I need a lift with implants, or would it be possible to do the implants without a lift and have a favorable outcome? (Photo)

25 year old female who desires larger, more fuller breast.

Do I need a lift with implants, or would it be possible to do the implants without a lift and have a favorable outcome?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissuefor the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support!!

Breast implants without the lift

Great question and your photos are helpful. I would have to see you in consultation to discuss all your options and all the details. I like to use the breast implants to add volume and lift the breast. I would not recommend a formal lift in your case based on your photos. Either way you have several options to proceed. Hope you find this helpful.

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos and stated overall desired goals, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with implants to produce beautiful results.  Combinng the lift with the implants will help you achieve the larger, more full look you desire.  Scheudle a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns, address your goals and work togerther to build a surgical plan that will best help you achieve the verall look you desire.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you could achieve a very nice result with implants alone.  To confirm this, please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in the breast augmentation with implants procedure to determine what would be best for you (implant size/type, etc.) because it appears that you have asymmetry that might require different sized implants.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

You should be able to have breast implants alone. Placing implants under breast on top of muscle may be necessary if your chest muscle inserts higher than usual.

If you want your breasts to look higher or more "perky" then a lift may be necessary.

Fopr more information please read the following link:

Do I need a breast lift?

Great question!

From the photos you provided, I would say that you definitely need a breast lift.  While your nipple position is not excessively low, in my experience I have found that the tissue always tends to be a little more loose than anticipated and I generally err on the side of recommending a lift if my gut tells me it will be necessary. Otherwise, your implants will be sitting high with the breast tissue effectively falling off of them.  Not a great look!

I recommend that you not only seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon but also one who specializes in breast surgery and who has extensive experience in this area.  

I hope that helps and wish you the very best!

Lift?

Implants may fill them out enough, but you might consider a circumareola reduction of skin to tighten it up a bit. Best of luck.

Breast lift with implants Vs Breast Augmentation

Thank your for your photos and question.
Your are a very good case for implants with or without a lift.
You seem to have pseudootosis which means your nipples are at the level of your mammary fold and the lower half of your breasts sags bellow the fold.

With the correct size implant and the right positioning it is possible to achieve a good enough result without a lift. But this would mean we would need a large implant to fill out the breasts. 

You are a border-line case so the best way to decide is with an in person evaluation and having your surgeon understand what you want. For the very best results I would suggest a lift. The type of lift (if any) is going to be determined by how big you want to go. The bigger you go, the less tissue we need to excise.

For example we could use large implants with a doughnut lift to help tighten the skin envelop and make your areolae rounder. This is basically a scar sparring breast lift because we can easily hide the scars on the edge of the areolae and make them look better at the same time.

Best of luck with your decision,

Dr. Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Implant only or is a breast lift needed

Thank you for asking about your your augmentation.

• Based on your helpful photos, you should have a nice result just with implants.
  • Your nipple position appears to be above your crease and your breasts appear deflated, not droopy.
  • that said - you can only know for surgery from a consultation with a plastic surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation

Borderline. Needs a good sit down consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. If you're looking for a larger size my tendency would be to go with implant only. You may very well be happy with it and avoid the additional expense and scars. You could always go back at a later time and do a small lift. Good luck whichever way you go.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon