Do I need a lift? (Photo)

About a week ago I went to a surgeon to inquire about implants, I knew my breast were saggy but I didn't realize I would need a lift. The doctor said I would need a slight lift with the lollipop scar ( which I'm scar to death of and how it's going to look beings though I have keloid skin) and if I didn't get the lift I would have bigger breasts that would sag much more. I need some options. Help please!

Do you need a lift?

It is very difficult to answer this question over the internet.  I'm inclined to say that you are on the borderline and depending on the size of the implant you choose, you may or may not need one.  Make sure to consult with board-certified plastic surgeons to achieve optimal results.  Good luck!

Do I need a lift?

Thank you for your question.  You have mild sagging of your breasts and implants alone would likely give you the result that you're looking for.  In mild cases, the implant volume fills the space, eliminating the need for a lift.  Further, if you have concerns regarding keloids, avoid the lift.  It doesn't seem necessary anyway and is probably at best, a borderline call.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo, you will likely need a mastopexy in conjunction with implants for added fullness in the upper pole. Volume, skin envelope and areola position should all be considered in breast surgery. I recommend discussing these options with your board certified plastic surgeon, who can individualize your treatment plan.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Although there is nothing to replace an actual in-office exam, I would recommend a breast lift unless you are OK with the position of your breast foot-print on your chest.  Not performing a lift with your breast augmentation may not give you all of the upper pole fullness that you may be searching for.

You should discuss the fine details with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Breast lift vs breast implants

The only reason to place breast implants is to make the breast larger. If you like the size you're at now, you definitely don't want implants. A breast lift is the way to improve the shape without increasing volume. It's possible you desire both enlargement and a perkier shape, which means having both procedures (which can usually be done simultaneously).

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lift or not

After looking at your photos I would p[robably not do a lift.Once you make the scars you buy them.I would do a silicone implant above the muscle and then do some fat grafting along the superior part of the implant and along your sternum where your cleavage is.This is a great procedure because we are using yiour tissue.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Circumareolar lift and implants

It looks like from your profile that you might just benefit from a circumareolar lift.   Best to be seen in person.

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Need of a lift?

Hi there. From the photo alone, the need for a lift appears to be borderline and you may well find that an augmentation alone will deliver the result you are hoping for. An in-person assessment will yield a more accurate answer and I would highly recommend arranging a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. An implant will of course increase the chance of needing a lift in the future. Good luck!