Do I need a lift? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 22
Do you need a lift?
Do I need a lift?
Thank you for your question. You have mild sagging of your breasts and implants alone would likely give you the result that you're looking for. In mild cases, the implant volume fills the space, eliminating the need for a lift. Further, if you have concerns regarding keloids, avoid the lift. It doesn't seem necessary anyway and is probably at best, a borderline call. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!
Lift with Implants
You might also like...
Although there is nothing to replace an actual in-office exam, I would recommend a breast lift unless you are OK with the position of your breast foot-print on your chest. Not performing a lift with your breast augmentation may not give you all of the upper pole fullness that you may be searching for.
You should discuss the fine details with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon.
Breast lift vs breast implants
Breast augmentation with lift candidate, some advices:
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
Lift or not
Circumareolar lift and implants
Lift with or without implants
Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".
Implants alone will correct drooping when:
- Breast drooping is mild
- The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
- There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
- Breast drooping is moderate or severe
- The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
- There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
- The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I use implants in combination with a lift when:
- The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
- The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
- The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)
Need of a lift?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.