Incompetence? Diep flap left me with a bulge which is pretty rare. (photos)

He gave me a script for PT and said that would solve problem! Another PS who I used for the revision found a muscle tear which he said would account for the bulge. He tightened everything up and then used allover mesh. I am thrilled with the revision.

Abdominal bulge following DIEP

Abdominal bulging is certainly not a rare complication following DIEP or TRAM reconstructions.  Although the muscle is left behind in a DIEP, we do need to follow the perforator vessels through the muscle, and this can lead to muscle damage.  I'm glad your repair was successful, but this is not the result of incompetence on the part of your first surgeon.