I am considering a mommy makeover but am currently nursing my son. How long do I have to wait after weaning to get surgery?

When to Get a Mommy Makeover

It's suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover. Additionally, your weight should also be stable for at least 6 months.
#Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures included with a Mommy Makeover. . Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

How long should you wait after breast feeding to have breast surgery?

Hello and thank you for your question.

I recommend waiting 3-6 months from the time you finish breast feeding to have a consultation and surgery on your breasts. This will give adequate time for your breasts to settle down and allow your surgeon to make his or her best recommendations about the right procedure(s) for you.

Be well!

Mommy Makeover and Nursing.

Thank you for your question. Schedule an appointment with a plastic surgeon 3 months after you have stopped breast feeding to evaluate when you will be a candidate.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Wait six months after breast-feeding ceases to pursue mommy makeover.

If breast surgery as part of a mommy makeover most plastic surgeons would have you wait about six months after the cessation of breast-feeding before operating.

When to have a mommy make-over after nursing a baby

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

If you wait 3 - 6 months after you finish nursing, you will regain your strength and the hormonal effects of breast feeding will subside -
That is the time to have your mommy make-over.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

How long to wait after breast feeding?

Thanks for your question.  Generally I recommend that you wait at least 3-6 months after cessation of breast feeding before considering a breast augmentation or lift.  Check with your plastic surgeon to discuss their recommendations. 

Waiting

Your breast will likely settle back down after breast feeding. Some when stay fuller after pregnancy so it is important to make sure size is stable after milk production.This will likely take 2-3 months to stabilize.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover and breastfeeding

Thank you for the question and congratulations with the new excitement in your life.  I agree with the answers you have already received, and typically would recommend waiting 6 months after finishing breast feeding to see how much recovery your body has from the pregnancy.  Some mum's re-gain their pre-pregnancy shape with ease, however, this can take several months, and despite the best efforts to exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle, there are some elements that can be resistant to return to a state that you are happy with.  Usually, 6 months after breast feeding you can get a sense of what has returned and will give you a more predictable result when you have surgery.

Best Wishes,

Alex Seal, MD, FRCSC
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question.  Best to wait at least 3 to 6 months before proceeding with breast surgery. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for  mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  I hope this, and the attached link (dedicate to mommy makeover surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Timing of the Mommy Makeover

Your body goes through a lot of changes post-pregnancy.  My advice is to wait at least 6 months or more before undergoing any breast or body-contouring surgery after pregnancy.