Can Coolsculping fat reduction be more than 20%-25% from 1 treatment?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The average is 20-25% from clinical studies

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolscupting and fat reduction

Coolsculpting is a great procedure and the average fat loss in a given area from one treatment is 20 to 25%.  A second treatment gives added fat loss, typically up to 40%.  The most important key in the success of the procedure is being a good candidate and consulting a physician with expertise in coolsculpting.

Coolsculpting results

I would say that 20-25% is a good estimation of the results from one treatment.  Some may get more or less than this amount based on the physical exam and body part.  The effectiveness of the treatment does rely on physical property of the pinched area.  For example, calves is much more challenging because it is harder to draw the tissue into the applicator.  Lower abdomen tends to be an area where more laxity can draw tissue into the region. 

Can CoolSculpting fat reduction be more than 20%-25% from 1 treatment?

Thank you for your question. Typically patients will see a 25% fat reduction from one treatment. 

Hope this helps, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

2nd treatment can be more efficacious than the first

In my experience it seems as if many of the patients actually end up seeing a more drastic result from the second treatment than the first. I believe the reason for this is because the first treatment helps to loosen the area up so that more fat can actually be pulled into the applicator on the second go.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Can fat reduction be more than 20-25% from Coolsculpting

The best guideline to provide is the average amount of fat reduction from clinical experience. Most patients will typically see about 25% reduction in fat in the treated area. We like our patients to have realistic expectations, and this is the norm both in our practice and across the majority of Coolsculpting practices. 

Anything is possible

I advise my patients to expect 20-25% decrease if they maintain their weight and had that pinchable fat to start.  If they are pinchable but more fibrous or thick, I tell them to expect the first treatment to debulk or soften the fat, and the second treatment to sculpt. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Can coolsculpting be a 20-25% fat reduction from 1 treatment?

We have been pleased with the results of coolsculpting in my practice and it is probably between 20-25% reduction for one treatment but results can vary per patient. But I think that patients are selling themselves short if they just have one treatment. The real magic is in the intial debulking treatments and then coming back later to more fine tune or sculpt the areas of concern.  As a plastic surgery practice, we have an eye for assessing tissue and where to place the applicators for optimal treatment.  Our years of liposuction experience and abdominoplasty experience also give us insight for when skin is of poor quality and coolsculpting may not be the best option.  Make sure to go to an experienced practice.

More than 25% reduction after Coolsculpting

Hello.  Some patients do get more than 20 - 25% reduction after and single treatment.  Conversely, some patients get less.  However, the great majority of patients in the clinical trials get within 20 - 25% reduction.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Amount of Fat Reduction After Coolsculpting

Standardized studies confirmed that most patients experience the quoted 20-25% reduction of fat in the treated region. That means that some people get a little more, others a little less. 

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon