CoolSculpting pain. (photos)

I got coolsculpting In 6 places 2 visits why is my stomach itching and in pain much worse then the othe 5 areas I am on day 7 swollen?

CoolSculpting and Late Onset Pain

Late onset pain is a side effect some CoolSculpting patients may experience.  Usually this starts around days 4 to 7 and can last from a few days to a few weeks.  This will eventually resolve on its own, but there are some things you can do to alleviate the pain.  Compression clothing/garments can help, along with icing the area, putting heating pads/blankets on the area, and/or taking benadryl at night.  Also, check with your physician about getting a prescription for Gabapentin to help de-sensitize the area. 

Delayed onset pain

The abdomen is the area that gets the delayed onset pain as you are experiencing.  The new Advantage applicator has less of this.  

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting Pain

In my experience, the abdomen tends to be the most sensitive area for CoolSculpting. You may have also gotten a larger applicator called a CoolSCulpting Max. Because this applicator is larger, there may be more swelling and sensitivity to this area. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting pain

Thank you for your question. It can be normal to be swollen and itchy at this time. This feeling can last 2-3 weeks. If it prolongs, speak to your chosen provider for tips to help your recovery. 
Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Discomfort after Coolsculpting

Thanks for your question.  What you are describing can be quite normal.  Sometimes one area become more sore after the procedure than the other areas.  This does not necessarily mean that something is wrong with your treatment.  It is difficult to tell what you are showing in the pictures you provided, but if you have a concern that something is not right then I would recommend you immediately contact the doctors office where you had your procedure to be evaluated.  Best of luck!

Itching and Swelling with Coolsculpting

It is possible to have itching and swelling later with Coolsculpting.  The photos are a close up of an area that you are scratching and difficult to interpret.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Side effects of CoolSculpting

her several side effects that you need to be aware of when considering the cool sculpting procedure. The most common side effects tend to be numbness, swelling, bruising and itching. Approximately 5 to 7 days after the treatment, it is possible to get delayed onset pain. He can be described as extreme sensitivity,  or a burning sensation which can be quite uncomfortable. It has been likened  to the pain of shingles. There are options to treat this pain even though it will subside on its own and approximately 1 to 2 weeks. Medications such as lyrica, gabapentin or topical anesthetic Lidoderm patches  can mitigate the discomfort and hasten recovery. For some reason, the most common location tends to be the abdomen region. Then you're cool advantage handpiece is supposed to have decreased  frequency of this delayed onset pain however this has not been proven in studies. 
 It is best to consult your provider to get help in dealing with the pain. The swelling both settle down and another one to two weeks. 
All the bestDr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Pain after CoolSculpting

Unfortunately, the pictures you provided are a bit unfocused and too up close to be of much help.  It is possible to get delayed pain to the abdomen after a CoolSculpting treatment.  This normally can be improved with a prescription medication.  I would recommend contacting the physician who treated you to discuss your issues.  Your physician should be able to prescribe a medication, if indicated and perhaps examine you to evaluate your swelling and discoloration.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon