Breast Fat Transfer. Fat grafting?

Why is some doctor transfer fat to breast by syringes with only needles poke and others choose to do with one or more incisions on breast? Thanks

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Fat grafting is safe procedure. As a chief of plastic surgery for a hospital and a director of a breast center, we followed hundreds of my own patients that underwent fat grafting. We found that it is easy to differentiate between fat, calcifications and even scarring. The injections take place in the breast tissue and in the muscle. Under the muscle is a little worrisome due to possible complications  The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. best of luck! Dr Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat grafting to Breast One Poke

A crucial concept for successful fat grafting is to place small amounts of fat dispersed evenly around the breast.Two or more incisions help to distribute the fat more evenly. One incision heals with less scarring.Each surgeon performs procedures to the best of their ability with techniques that they are accustomed to.  Please ocnsult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Breast Fat Transfer. Fat grafting?

Good Morning and thank you for your questions!Plastic surgeons are like artists and as we know, artists from painters to sculptors show their talents in different ways.  This is why there are various approaches to doing any procedure including fat transfer.  The other reason there might be additional incisions is if there is a breast lift being performed at the same time.  Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can assess you well and guide you to the technique and outcome that suits you best!Best of Luck,Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon

Breast Fat Transfer. Fat grafting?

I am not able to answer why some PS do a procedure one way while other do it another way. Every PS goes through different training and then finds a way to do each procedure that suits them. No two PS do everything the same way. The best advice I can give you is if you prefer a certain way that you make sure you ask the PS that you have a consultation with how they specifically do it. 

Transfer

Every surgeon has his/her own specific way to transfer fat that has been successful. Some like to harvest fat with liposuction, and some like to use a syringe. The method is not so important as the success rate in that surgeon's hands.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon