What are the future long term side effects of Botox around the eyes?

What are the future long term side effects of Botox around the eyes are ? My age is 34

Botox Long-Term Side Effects

Thank you for your question nadasakr. It is important to know the possible side effects of any treatment a person undergoes. Botox has been used for decades to treat a variety of conditions. There are no long-term side effects that I am aware of when Botox is used for cosmetic purposes on the face and neck. Botox is commonly used in patients aged 25-34 for treatment of wrinkles and for "prejuvenation," or preventative rejuvenation.

Encino Physician

No Permanent Side Effects

BOTOX has been used for cosmetic indications for more than a decade, and in that time there haven't been any notable long-term effects recorded. BOTOX is especially effective on crinkles around the eyes, and it can be used repeatedly for many years, with no ill effects.

Suzanne Bruce, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox around the Eyes

Botox is fabulous around the eye area and have no permanent side effects that I am aware of.  On the contrary, Botox usually prevents further wrinkles around the eye area.  Best, Dr. Green

Long term side effects

There is no dangerous side effects for long term botox for the forehead.  What I have seen is that botox has been used as more preventative for wrinkles.  You may need less injections as time goes on.

Long term effects of Botox

Botox has been used by physicians for cosmetic indications for decades and millions of injections are performed each year. It is FDA approved for lateral canthal lines (lines around the eyes) as well as several opthamologic indications.  I have never seen and publication on and do not believe there are long term side effects of chronic Botox use around the eyes. 

Long Term Side Effects Of Botox

Botox has been used since 2002 with no reported long term side effects. You may find that with regular, repeated injections, you can go longer in between treatments and may need less units as time goes on.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician