15 days ago, I had my hairline lowered one inch, and I also had a mini lift. Alopecia after hairline lowering? (photos)

Everything looks amazing BUT I feel like my Doctor went too far with the scar, I basically have a horseshoe scar now, and I am loosing a lot of hair, I mean a LOT! Also I am getting bald spots in my crown, I AM FREAKING OUT! My Doctor says is normal to lose some hair ( Teleogen Effluvium) But this looks like Alopecia!! Is there anything I can do to stop this?? I'am afraid to use Rogaine and make it all worse! HELP!

Alopecia is just a medical term for hair loss. If you have issues after your surgery, it is best to contact your doctor.

Alopecia is just a medical term for hair loss.  If you have issues after your surgery, it is best to contact your doctor. The scar on your scalp does not appear normal based on your description of what was done.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairloss after scalp surgery

Thank you for your question and photos. The hairloss that I see in this picture is at the vertex of the head and there shouldn't be incisions there. Also, I'm not sure why you have a scab in that area. Now it is possible to lose some hair after scalp surgery. this is a little bit unusual from the information you presented. Give it time and discuss with your surgeon. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon