Am I a good candidate for Juvederm? (photos)

I don't have very thin lips, but I want both my bottom & top lips to bet fuller. I don't want them to look fake, but I definitely want fuller lips.

Full lips

It is possible to augment your lips without "overdoing" it. Juvederm Ultra and the latest filler, Restylane Silk, are very fine fillers and used for shaping.  During consultation, I invite patients to view their face structurally, rather than as we most often do, by the lines or the imperfections we see.  It is very important to have a balanced look and I can't tell by your picture whether or not fuller lips would enhance your appearance.  Seek a consultation with an experienced injector and look at his before and after photos.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question. Your lips are full and beautiful, but if you want a little more contour I do you think you'd be a candidate for a small amount of hyaluronic acid filler placed very carefully. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Beautiful Lips

You have beautiful lips. If you wish some enhancement, small amount of filler to contour and hydrate the lips is an options. 
I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.
I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for the lips

Thank you for your question thatsicilian. Juvederm is a filler that can be used to enhance the lips. When enhancing the lips, or any area for that matter, it is important to look at the surrounding structures to determine the best way to enhance the area so that it looks good with the rest of the face. For example often times when I treat the lips with filler, I also treat the nasolabial folds. A small amount of filler can be used to enhance the lips without looking face. A few units of Botox around the lips can provide for a slight pout. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Am I a good candidate for Juvederm?

Your lips seem pretty full but if you desire more of a pout, I would suggest you start off with 1 syringe of Juvederm/Restylane. Make sure you seek an advanced injector to provide you with the results you wish to achieve.
Kenneth Hughes M.D 

Fuller lips with Juvederm

If you want larger lips, Juvederm can be used. I think your lips look great now though. The most important part of the process is picking the right injector. Leave product decision to the doctor doing the injections.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip filler

You appear to have well shaped lips, a small face and narrow space between the pink portion of the upper lip and bottom of the nose.  Placing filler in your lips will possibly make them out of proportion to your face.  However, if you decide with your surgeon that it is a good choice for you, have a small amount of Juvederm placed in selective areas of the lip.

Lip filler #juvederm #restylane

Thanks for the question.  You say that you desire filler lips yet you don't want your lips "to look fake."  I believe that your lips are already nice and full, and injecting even half a syringe of filler in the wrong place puts you at risk for "looking fake."  Therefore only small volumes in specific areas would be recommended, not in the entire lip.  Based on this one photo I would recommend either Juvederm or Restylane filler, at most half of a syringe, in the corners of the lips to prevent downturning of the mouth as well as in the outer portion of the upper lip.  Be well.

Estee Williams, MD

Good Candidate for Juviderm in the Lips

Dear Siciliana, Thank you for posting your photograph with your question. It appears that you have nicely shaped lips that would lend themselves to natural appearing augmented lips with Juvederm Ultra which is the softest of the Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers. Please consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and listen to your goals. Please bring examples of lips that you desire. Best wishes, Ciao! Dr. Richard Swift

Lip Augmentation

You are a great candidate for lip augmentation with Juvederm or Volbella.  I definitely would start with just one syringe and see how you like it.  "Less is more" approach is much better with all injectables.  Best, Dr. Green