Nipple Necrosis After Surgery for Gynecomastia? (photo)

on august 28th I had surgery for gynecomastia on both pecs. The surgery went fine and left the wraps on for two days like the doctor had told me before showering. my right side looks fine. The left side looks fine all except for the tip of my nipple which is black. It has been that way since the first time I took the wraps of. I can't tell if its just bruised or if nipple necross has started to set it. as the condition has not gotten worse.

Nipple necrosis after gynecomastia surgery

From your photo, it looks like you are healing well and your nipple looks fine.  Your right side may just be healing quicker than your left side.  If your condition hasn't changed, keep an eye on it and follow up with your surgeon.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

From the photo, the nipple looks fine. However, this is just off a photo, therefore if you are concerned, the safest thing to do would be to contact your PC and have it looked at as soon as possible. That way you can rest easy.  All the best.

Nipple Necrosis After Surgery for Gynecomastia?

Your nipple areola complex looks viable and I think it will heal normally. Sometimes it is hard to tell bruising from necrosis especially in a gynecomastia surgery.

Nipple Necrosis?

I think the nipple looks fine. There might be some very slight amount of delayed healing but I doubt it. I wouldn't call that black. Continue your routine care and you will be fine. Congrats on your surgery.

Nipple Necrosis After Surgery for Gynecomastia

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Nipple necrosis rare after gynecomastia surgery.

I'm not certain from the photograph that the nipple is in jeopardy. It will go through some machinations during the convalescent process.