Nipple asymmetry/bottoming out (Photo)

Hi, I am 3.5 weeks post op. Had 350cc silicone unders. I guess i had asymmetry on my left breast nipple before surgery, but after surg. i noticed, that left nipple is pretty apart from what it should be. My PS recommended to wear a bra, with good support. I don´t know why i am searching for any uneven signs, but now i am also afraid that left-one is bottoming out. Will be waiting for Your professional opinion.

Breast implants not bottoming out

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Your initial result looks quite good and I did not see evidence of bottoming out.  The nipple asymmetry is consistent with what she had preoperatively.

Nipple asymmetry bottoming out

Hi,
you have a nice early postop result, your PS could not have corrected the preoperative nipple asymmetry without addtional scars; so all in all a good result
hope this helps
prashant

Prashant Murugkar, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

The degree of asymmetry from the preoperative photo compares to that  post-operatively..You have a very nice  early  result.

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Assymtry

You will still change alot, you are only 3.5 weeks out.  There is a pre op difference. This should get better as your implants settle. 

Ben Childers, MD

Breast augmentation results

Your results look very nice at this point. You will notice that implants augment the differences as well.  Good luck and enjoy.

Asymmetry with breast augmentation

Hi. If your breasts were slightly different before the operation (7 out of 8 people have differences, so this is normal), then they are likely to be slightly different afterwards. Your breasts will change for at least 3 months after the operation (sometimes up to 12 months), and your implants are likely to down a little over this time and your breasts change shape. Try to be patient at this stage and wait until all the postoperative changes have finished before assessing things.

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Nipple asymmetry

I feel that you have achieved an excellent result and, certainly, pre-existing asymmetry will be magnified when an implant is placed for augmentation.

Malcolm D. Paul, MD

Nice result so far

You had many asymmetrical issues prep and these will always be magnified by breast augmentation. Your surgeon has done a nice job for you considering!

Breast asymmetry advice

hi and thanks for your question and pre/post op photos. Your current results are perfectly acceptable at only 3-4weeks post surgery. Pls be patient ad wit for your review with your PS. Good Luck

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on a great result!

I think this is a fantastic result and one that you should be very proud of. Preoperatively, the distance from your left nipple to the midline is longer than the distance from your right nipple to the midline. When your surgeon put your breast implants in, he augmented your breast size. He also augmented any asymmetry that you naturally have.

I agree with the other surgeon who said you are not bottoming out. I think you have a fantastic result and I congratulate you and your plastic surgeon on a fantastic job!

Best regards,

Dr. DelVecchio
bostonbreastcenter