Is there a need for rhinoplasty? (Photo)

i have this minor problem that had been bothering me for a while . in my face profile , the nasal cartilage seems to be protruded downward , making my nose look unappealing .

Rhinoplasty candidate? #nosejob

This is not really a question of need it is desire. There are many, many things that can be done to shape a nose with surgical intervention. Having had a Rhinoplasty I understand the desire to change something that bothers you. I had reconstructive and cosmetic nose surgery and I was very aware of the exact things I did not like. I would recommend that you soul search and try to identify the exact things you do not like about your nose and convey those to your proposed surgeon.

Rhinoplasty candidate? #nosejob

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may result in hump reduction and a more pleasing nasal appearance.

You appear to have a profile hump, and a droopy nasal tip. Issues such as this may be improved by expert rhinoplasty surgery.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate?

Rhinoplasty can imperfections in your nasal contour.
From the photos, it seems that you may have a small hump that you can lower with a closed rhinoplasty.
It is difficult to assess from your photos, so I would urge you to make a consultation

Rhinoplasty candidate?

Rhinoplasty

Many times, tip issues can be related to the base of the septum. An evaluation in person would be essential to determine what could be done for you.

Rhinoplasty

Need for Rhinoplasty

Like any other cosmetic operation Rhinoplasty too is a personal decision.The very fact that you have posted this mail means you have  a desire for improvement.You should see a facial plastic surgeon and discuss it .

Brajendra Baser, MS, DNB
India Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need for Rhinoplasty

Brajendra Baser, MS, DNB
India Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Options

From your photos, you may be a candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure. But, you would need to consult with a specialist in rhinoplasty surgery and make that determination in person. This is a very personal decision. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.

Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

MarinAesthetics.com

Rhinoplasty Options

Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

MarinAesthetics.com

Rhinoplasty for downward appearing nasal tip

The  down turned nasal tip can be addressed with the rhinoplasty procedure where a variety of maneuvers are performed to raise  the tip. A tip rhinoplasty  involves suture techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages. It's also important to release the depressor septi ligament which may be pulling the tip down with animation. For many examples, please see link and video below

Rhinoplasty from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the masculine nose.

Rhinoplasty from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the masculine nose. This can be achieved if you want it--no one "needs" a rhinoplasty. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Need for Rhinoplasty?

There is no need to have a rhinoplasty performed.  However, if you have areas of concern I would recommend that you take your photographs to your plastic surgeon to determine whether the areas that concern you can be fixed.

Michael Sundine, MD

Need for Rhinoplasty?

Michael Sundine, MD

Is there a need for rhinoplasty?

No one needs a rhinoplasty for a cosmetic enhancement.  However, if this is something you want to pursue then a rhinoplasty may offer a solution.

Is there a need for rhinoplasty?