How do I remove red ink tattoo on my arm? (photos)

Red Tattoo Ink

My preference for laser tattoo removal is with the PiQo4 laser that has 4 Pico wavelengths including the 532 wavelength for red pigment. From my professional experience Pico lasers help remove ink faster and safer then older laser systems. I have been practicing tattoo removal for almost 20 years.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

532 wavelength

The 532 wavelength is used for red ink in either the nanosecond yag lasers or the newer pico second lasers such as picosure picoway or enlighten. Expect four or more sessions at least 8 weeks apart. 

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

How do I remove red ink tattoo?

Hello, thank you for your question. Black and red ink are very successfully treated with the PicoWay laser. Black with the 1064 wave length, and red with the 532 wave length.  The way a laser rids the skin of ink is it shatters the ink into tiny particles and the body absorbs those ink particles.  The PicoWay Laser (Candela/Syneron) uses photoacoustic impact/pressure waves rather than photothermal/heat.This process has less heat, therefore it is more comfortable and the chances of hyperpigmentation are less.The Pico-second pulse shatters the ink into even smaller particles, allowing the body to more easily absorb the ink. You can check in your area to see if this technology is available by clicking on the web reference below.  You can also watch the PicoWay laser in action attached here.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Red Ink Tattoo removal

Thanks for your question. Red Ink is often removed with the 532nm wavelength of a n Nd:Yag laser. It will take multiple treatments, spaced 6 to 8 weeks apart.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician