I plan to come from Africa for a mummy makeover in USA. I only have one month leave. Will it be long enough?

I have two kids, I'm 25. I have some love handles. I'll like to get a BBL, liposuction , tommy tuck, fat transfer to breasts, hip and butt, and full breast lift. My breasts are d cups now. I wear 36D or 38C, but I'll like to have a fuller D cup. A fuller 36D Can I do these procedures in one day. And how much should I budget. Is it safe to fly in from africa and get a surgery one or two days after a long flight? Please advise

Only have a month for surgery?

Hello ecofriendly and thanks for your question. It might be possible to do all the procedures you want in a single surgery, but you would need to provide additional medical information and, of course, photos would be extremely helpful. Since you have a month only to recover, you should get all your medical testing at home and be medically cleared for surgery before arriving in the US. An operation of this magnitude would take about 8 hours and will require a hospital stay which will drive the costs of surgery way up. You're looking at a cost of over 25 K and higher in the Scottsdale area. However, we have really nice facilities that specialize in plastic surgery of this type and the safety record is excellent. Best wishes always, Dr. ALDO

Mommy Makeover surgery

First, you will need to schedule a consultation with your surgeon of choice so that he or she can take your full medical history. This will impact whether or not you can have all of the procedures done at once. You want to wait at least 3 days after flying before scheduling surgery but a month recovery should be enough time. Hope this helps -- Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Out of town surgery planning

Thank you for your question. It is possible to have multiple procedures and fat-grafting to multiple areas done in one step, however your Plastic Surgeon will need to have your medical history and plenty of information including detailed photos before planning your surgery with you.  The more areas you have treated and the more extensive the surgery, the longer you will need to count on for recovery.

Be sure to talk about expectations for a healthy recovery with your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Planning mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over

• Before you fly over, you must have a consultation with the surgeon you plan to use 
  • And s/he will need to know your health history.
  • Although these procedures can be done at one time, it increases your risks and is not advisable for people at higher than usual risk of blood clots.
  • Surgery should be done no earlier than 3 days after you arrive because of the effects of long-distance travel.
  • A month's recovery should be enough to allow you to return home safely.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Travel and surgery

Your surgeon will decide the best option for your body in terms of either BBL or Tummy tuck with some waist and love handle liposuction for better contour.
In terms of travel, I have had many patients from out of town who have had the breast and body contouring surgeries that you seek, at the same time.  I usually recommend at least a 3 week stay when such combination surgeries are performed.  So, one month would be ideal.
I wish you the best.

Semira Bayati, MD, FACS

Travel for surgery

In my opinion, you will have to decide whether to get a tummy tuck or BBL. It is unlikely that both can be performed at the same time. A month should be good time to stay in the states for your recovery. In my opinion, having surgery 1-2 days after a flight should be fine. Best wishes. 

International travel

In patients who travel from abroad, I have had them stay for 3 weeks following surgery.  For the question of just getting off a plane, yes, I would say that equilibrating and adjusting for a number of days if likely safest, if the plane ride has been longer than 2-3 hours, for instance.  This is to prevent any incidence of a blood clot in the legs.  Multiple procedures may be safely done, depending on the patient and their medical history.. 

This may be a reasonable combination in a healthy patient with a plastic surgeon who is an expert at all of these procedures and can limit operating time to less than 6 hours.   The cost will vary with the demand for the surgeon.

Beverly Hills, CA