I had a perineorrhaphy about three weeks back and I just finished having sex. I'm scared my vagina muscles could fall apart.

Sex three weeks after perineorrhaphy?

You had sex too soon.  I would recommend taking five weeks off (for a total of five weeks) and hopefully you will heal.  It is possible you will need a revision surgery.

Why can't you wait six weeks for your scars to heal before you have sex?

Six weeks is the minimum time for healing from perineoplasty (perineorrhapy). Sex any sooner will cause problems with either the scar falling apart or the area become too loose. If your result is too loose, you will need to have the surgery repeated in about 6 months.

When may I have sex after a perineorrhaphy or perineoplasty.

You should wait a minimum of 6 weeks, and usually 8 weeks before penetrative sexual activities after vaginal repair, otherwise you may tear down the reconstruction.
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA