I would like our excellent and amazing doctors to recommend a cream or gel that can help correct acne scarring.

To read the original question, please click here

I would like our excellent and amazing doctors to recommend a cream or gel that can help correct acne scarring

Unfortunately topical creams do not work very well on acne scarring. Retin A has shown to help promote collagen but not enough to see a significant difference. You will need to do something a little more aggressive like a laser or MicroNeedling treatments. Make and appointment with an experienced Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist to explore your options. Good Luck!

Treating acne scars with topicals is not very helpful

I am sorry to say that acne scarring is not going to respond much to topical creams. The only one that might help is Retin A. Typically, lasers, Infini, subcision, TCA cross, and Bellafill are needed to improve the scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD