Post SMAS lower face and neck. What do you recommend to permanently get rid of these wrinkles? (Photo)

I am happy that my Joel's and neck are gone. Had a SMAS lower face and neck 4 months ago. I still have some deep wrinkles around my mouth and upper lip. Also have 2 lines on my forehead. What do you recommend to permanently get rid of these wrinkles?

Treatments for Lines

Thank you for your question.  These lines experienced are very common patients will normally opt to have them treated by adding volume via dermal filler and skin resurfacing by chemical peel or laser resurfacing.  Botox maybe an option to decrease lines on your forehead.  Please seek advice from an aesthetician.  All The Best

Post SMAS lower face and neck. What do you recommend to permanently get rid of these wrinkles?

A face lift procedure will definitely help correct jowling and neck laxity but will only soften the folds around the mouth.   After viewing your photos, I feel the persistent lines are best treated by adding volume whether that be a dermal filler, such as Juvederm or Restylane, or fat.    Laser resurfacing can also add some benefit to this area.

Lines of the upper lip are extremely difficult to treat or correct completely.   They can be softened a combination of Botox and dermal fillers.   Laser resurfacing may help as well. 

A face lift procedure will have no bearing on your forehead.   I would recommend Botox to treat your forehead lines.

Combined laser resurfacing with the 1540 and 2940 fractional erbium laser is the best option for wrinkle removal on the skin.  However no wrinkle removal is permanent.  As you lines of facial expression are made during spy laying and frowning the lines will return.  In some cases Botox can be used to lessen the return.

Wrinkles/lines post facelift

The analogy I like to give my patients is, now that you have taken the garment in (facelift), it is time to iron it(laser resurfacing with or without fat grafting). In my practice, I actually like to do the laser resurfacing first and then follow it with a facelift approximately 6 months later.  At times, I have had the patient so happy with the results of the laser/fat grafting that they decide to hold of on the facelift.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD

Lines Around the Mouth and Forehead

A facelift will address the jowls, jawline, midface, and neck.  If you are concerned about forehead lines, Botox or Dysport are appropriate.  Lies around the mouth can be temporarily addressed with a filler or more permanently smoothed by laser resurfacing. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for lines around mouth.

The lines you mention are not resolve by a facelift.  Their cause is multifactor and is best treated by a combination of volume, to plump the skin out and skin resurfacing by chemical peel or laser, to improve the quality of the skin.  This will allow your skin to be as smooth as possible.

Facial line removal

Hi - it is difficult to permanently get rid of these wrinkles - I would suggest a combination of dermal fillers for the deeper lines, botulinium toxin for the forehead lines and a chemical peel or laser treatment for the fine perioral lines.  If you like the effect of fillers which last 4-6 months then you could consider fat transfer for a more permanent effect.

Good luck

Wrinkles after facelift and their treatment?

Wrinkles after excess skin and you Jaoul removal are treated with Botox, fillers, and peels. See a very experienced injector for the best results.