I want to try to fill in under eye troughs (photos)

I tried Restyle 2 years ago for my eye trough. Unfortunately , I ended up needing more filler than I budgeted , so I was unable to get a true result. I really liked the product. Is it still the best for eye troughs? I am wanting to save up for another try. Also I do not smile a full smile due to the large indent that forms under my eyes.

Doctor Answers 17

I want to try to fill in under eye troughs

Restylane would give you a great ( but temporary result) I would suggest doing 1 full syringe under each eye to achieve the result you are wanting. If you are looking for something a bit more permanent, I would suggest doing fat transfer/fat grafting to the tear troughs. Seek a board certified professional who can provide you with the result you seek 
Kenneth Hughes M.D

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 496 reviews

Restylane to Eye area

Thank you for your question and for sharing photos. The area below the eye, also known as the tear trough, can be treated with hyaluronic acid dermal filler. Restylane is a great option for treatment to this area. A certified licensed provider will be able provide a treatment and plan to address your area of concern.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Treatment of tear troughs

Thank you for sharing your question. Restylane is the best product to treat this region. You are not a candidate for surgery. An eyelid expert can give you the results you hope to achieve. I hope this helps.   Good luck,

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 144 reviews

Restylane to fill in tear troughs

Thank you for asking about your Restylane.
  • Your photos are very helpfujl -
  • You do a great job concealing the problem with make-up but without make up, you seem to have significant bags which are better treated with a lower lid lift.
  • If that is out of the question, then fillers can be used.
  • Belotero and Restylane are my preference.
  • I like Voluma but not in the thin tissues in the inner half of the lower lid.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

I want to try to fill in under eye troughs

Hello, Restylane is still the best filler of choice for underneath the eyes. I have Restylane under my own eyes.You will definitely benefit from this and it will make you look years younger. Your eyes are your signature feature. Therefore, by enhancing the area underneath them you will greatly benefit from how you visually impact others that look at you.         
Good luck Dr. Downie.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Tear Trough Fillers -- Try Cannulas, Voluma/Belotero/Restylane

This area can be improved with fillers, lasers, microneedling/skin care. I use Voluma and Belotero the most, many people use Restylane. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Filler for tear trough deformity/dark circles/hollowness

Restylane is a great filler for the treatment of under eye circles/hollowness. I tell my patients that on average, Restylane lasts about 6 months. Another filler that gives great results under the eyes is Voluma. Although more expensive, it lasts for a longer period of time (year or more). When having filler placed under the eyes, it is important to go to an injector who is experienced. I prefer using a cannula instead of a needle as this will cause less bruising and swelling. Placement of either of these fillers will give you a great result!

Maryam Nazemzadeh, MD
McLean Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Lower lids

sam07, I would recommend a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty" rather than filler. See the movie for more information. This procedure is very safe and effective. Search the Internet for someone close to you familiar with the procedure. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

Tear trough and filler

I prefer a filler called Belotero for this area and it should not be all that expensive because it should not take much material. Just be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in treating this area

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Lower eyelid tear trough

I definitely like to use restylane or restylane silk to treat this area.  I like to be conservative in this region, since too much can make you look like you are tired or have bags under the eyes from swelling.  Down time is minimal, and if you develop swelling, your doctor may prescribe certain medication to help with it.  Best of luck,Dr. Victoria

Ana Carolina Victoria, MD
Miami Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.