I'm 22 year old. Am I candidate for upper eyelid blepharoplasty? (photos)

I naturally have a hooded eyes and I'm often told I look tired or grumpy when I could be in the best mood ever. I love the look of woman with nice beautiful eyelids and I'm a little envious. In all my "selfies" I'm always and constantly raising my right eyebrow to make my eyes appear bigger but it doesn't make much of a difference. My question is, would a simple brow lift be enough or should I go for the full blepharoplasty and if I have the eyelids/face to be a good candidate for the surgery?

Candidate for upper eyelid blepharoplasty

Thanks for the great question. A lot of young people have the same questions and concerns. While it is hard to make a recommendation off of your pictures, it does look like you have some excess skin on your upper eyelids. You have high, arched brows though, so I don't think a brow lift will look good, nor will it address the problem.A blepharoplasty will address your main concerns. It will give you a little more of a lid platform. You are on the young side, but some people just notice things sooner than their peers. I would recommend you look for an oculoplastic surgeon in your area, who is on the same page with you as far as what results you are looking for. Good luck!

Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

I'm 22 year old. Am I candidate for upper eyelid blepharoplasty?

While 22 is early for a blepharoplasty, you  may consider a crease procedure which creates a soft cease without removing any tissue. You may also be a candidate for an internal browpexy to elevate and stabilize the tail of your brow without a brow lift procedure. 

Mark Codner, MD

Eyelid fullness and youth

I would recommend that you not do a blepharoplasty at this time. Fullness in the upper eyelid is often a sign of youth and attractiveness. If you do an upper blepharoplasty at this time,  you run the risk of your eyelids becoming hollow. If you had congenital skin excess that would be a different issue and might benefit from an upper blepharoplasty.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery?

Your eyes look pretty and your brows and upper lids look good. No surgery-- smile more because you look great then. 

Your eyelids are still very young and pretty. Fuller eyelids would serve your face better since you have large eyes. Down the road you may benefit from fat injection to your upper eyelids with or without removing small amount of redundant skin but I would not suggest doing it now.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Upper lid surgery

Your eyes are beautiful. You appear to be of mixed ethnicity, which explains the eyelid contour, but in my opinion you are too young to consider surgery.  I like the way your eyes look. I would leave them alone.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Blepharoplasty for 22-year-old

This attractive young woman is interested in eyelid surgery. The full face photograph demonstrates a mild asymmetry with ptosis of the left brow. Overall however the patient has mild fullness of the upper eyelid. Generally it is not advisable for a 22-year-old have eyelid surgery because of the potential risks as well as the need to repeat it later. Only when the defect creates an emotional problem for the patient would I recommend surgery in this patient.

Richard O. Gregory, MD