If given 200 units for cranial sweating, how many injections would that be?

200 units for craniofacial sweating

In my practice, I try to minimize the amount of botox given but still give effect.  The dilution of botox needs to be greater when using it for the purpose of decreasing sweating.  200 units is a lot of botox so check first to see if this quantity is accurate.  I have found substantially lower doses can be effective.

The area injected depends on the wheal created by the botox and the area of diffusion. With my injection technique this would be more than 200 injections. 

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

200 units for craniofacial sweating

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

200 units of BOTOX or Disport for sweating.

I assume this will be for extensive cranial sweating, if 200 units of BOTOX were to be used, it could cover two hand spans. Approxmiately 60-75 injection points are needed. We often space 1.5 cm to 2 cm apart. Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Botox for sweating

Botox is diluted out so that we can do 5 units or 10 units per injection. At 5 units it will be 40 injection site and 10 units it will be 20 injection site.

Erik Suh, MD
Bellevue Family Physician

Botox for sweating

Erik Suh, MD
Bellevue Family Physician