Mommy makeover. So excited, but do I really need a breast lift? (Photo)

I am considering a mommy makeover. Do i need a lift though ?? Hoping for just implants. I chose 255cc as I don't want huge breasts. I did speak with my plastic surgeon who advised a full lift. I just don't want to hate the scars more than I hate my saggy deflated breasts !! I'm also have a mini tummy tuck with muscle repair...above belly button as well bc i have a hernia scar where he can gain access. He will also perform liposuction to my stomach, flanks, and arm pit area. Advice ??

Mommy Makeover

There are pros and cons of breast augments only and a a mastopexy and implant as a one stage procedure. The decision will be based on the volume you wish to achieve. There are also different ways to perform a mastopexy / lift. You need to be taken through the pros and cons by an experienced PS who can show you examples of each and allow you to be empowered to make the decision.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a Breast lift?

Far more important than deciding if MM is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Can I avoid a breast lift and just get implants?

Judging from the pictures of your breasts, it appears that you have significant sagging ( ptosis) of your breast gland. If you elect to only have breast implants and not a breast lift,  it is likely that your implant will sit higher than your natural breast.  Some surgeons attempt to correct this by excising skin around the nipple/areolar ( a donut mastopexy); however, this runs the risk of a post operative wide scar as well as widening of the areolar.  The most certain result for you would be obtained by having a breast lift repositioning your breast gland to the correct position together with an implant.    Make certain you discuss your expectations with a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Carlin Vickery, MD

Mommy Makeover and a Breast Lift

Thank you very much for your question and your photographs. From your pictures, it does appear that you will make a good candidate for the Mommy Makeover procedure. You may find satisfying results from a breast augmentation, hernia repair, and liposuction, without opting for the breast lift. It is important to remember, however, that breast implants alone can provide volume for your deflated breasts but will not improve the lax, sagging tissue. My recommendation is that you further discuss your options with your surgeon. If you are not happy with his/her suggestions, schedule a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon, for a second opinion.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Mommy makeover. So excited, but do I really need a breast lift?

A shorter scar variant of the breast lift may be suitable as well based upon the pictures.

Thank you for the question and photos.

Although definitive advice would require in-person evaluation, I think that it is likely that you will benefit from breast lifting as well as breast augmentation surgery.   I would be concerned that you will not be pleased with the long-term outcome achieved with breast augmentation surgery only. 

Of course, breast augmentation/lifting surgery is a more complicated procedure (and more complication prone);  careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals will be key.  Furthermore, you will need to carefully consider the trade-offs (such as additional scarring) associated with breast lifting versus the upsides briefly discussed above.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with will a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.  Again, it will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Only after doing so can you make an informed decision whether or not to proceed. You will find a lot of information on this website and on the attached link. Best wishes.

Do I really need a breast lift?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

Accorind with your pictures you will be an excellent candidate for breast lift,  This because you have more extra skin that the size of prosthesis that you want, so the BL would be ideal for your body.

Anyway you should talk to your surgeon certified plastic so they are on the same page with respect to the results you want to obtain.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your pictures and question. I feel that you will be very happy with breast augmentation but the implant size you have chosen will not correct your ptosis. A breast lift will help improve your cosmetic result and it is best that you discuss your options with your surgeon. Good luck with your surgery!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Mommy Makeover with Augmentation Mastopexy

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.
#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. Now, the intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Always talk to a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your issues and concerns. Information that you read online may not apply to your situation. Make sure your surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Breast lift questions

Hi.  While I do believe you would benefit from a breast lift, I think you could avoid the full lift, and consider one of the short-scar lift variations (like the donut or vertical design) particularly if you are having implants at the same time.  Best to discuss with your plastic surgeon.