My face and neck. What can I do? (Photo)

Hello am Magda I am 57 years old and I started to found my face and neck sagy and like crepe its really bothering me , I know I can't effort pay to much but I really wants to see some changes ! How can I ? What do I do? How? Thanks so much ! And thanks

FACELIFT, NECKLIFT

Hi Magda,

After taking a look at your picture, I recommend the following procedures:

- Facelift
- Necklift including Liposuction
- upper and lower Blepharoplasty
- Bichectomy 
- Brow Lift

Face & neck rejuvenation

Hi magda, at 57 it is normal to have signs of aging. If you are bothered by your excess face and neck skin, these are address surgically with a facelift. There are non-surgical options for neck and face rejuvenation that include botox and fillers. Non-surgical options are more temporary and can be more affordable. In your however, I think you would benefit most from a facelift to address the excess skin. 

Treatments for face and neck

Dear Magda57,

Thank you for your clinical post and photograph. As one ages and the decades following the post-menopausal era there is a natural deflation and loss of volume of the face with a droopiness of the soft tissue and a squaring out or boxiness that occurs with the predominant gel and less emphasis on high cheekbones. This skin can also become wrinkly and lax and discolouration from sun damage and blood vessels can be combined with enlarged pores to create an aged look to the face.

I would divide your non-surgical options into non-surgical treatments such as injectable volumization with soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm Voluma or micro fat grafting combined with laser techniques to smoothen the skin and suspension techniques such as thread lifting or radio frequency treatments such as the Profound facelift. These non-surgical treatments are reasonably affordable, not as long lasting as surgery, but surprisingly effective. You can certainly visit my website spamedica.com and look at the non-surgical facelift section and some of the many TV shows such as Entertainment Tonight, Cityline, Breakfast Television where some of the transformations are quite remarkable.

The longest lasting effects you’ll achieve are with surgery, of course, but this is more expensive, has greater risk and more downtime. Mini facelifts and endoscopic facelifts can be options and this will certainly turn back the clock further and provide a more significant rejuvenation. Cosmetic surgery is never cheap, unfortunately. However, many patients I find finance their procedures and as long as you have reasonably good credit you can pay less than you would for a Ford Prius and own a new face for the rest of your life that looks 10 years younger than your chronological age.

I hope this information has been of some assistance and best of luck.

For more information, please review the link below and spend more time on some of the other non-surgical techniques, as well.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Excellent candidate for a facelift and possibly the lower eyelids.

It's important that the treatment be married to the specific problem. In your particular case I think you would get great benefit from a facelift. Anything short of that I think would be a waste of money. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon familiar with facial rejuvenation to discuss your options. In your particular case I would be very wary of shortcuts.

Face lift

It's difficult to tell,a better picture would be helpful for further evaluation.
Consult with a board certified PS.

Kenneth Hughes, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA.

What to do

It is too hard to tell from this photo what procedure(s) would suit you best. An in person consultation would be a better route.

Sagging neck

Thanks for your question. You might be a good candidate for a limited-incision facelift and/or liposuction for your neck area. It's hard to tell without a true examination. I would find a few nearby trusted plastic surgeons for a consultation. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

What to do about face and neck

Thanks for the picture.  I would recommend starting by consulting with several board certified plastic surgeons about a skin care maintenance program and facelift surgery.

My face and neck. What can I do?

There are many surgical and non-surgical options to aid with facial rejuvenation.  Non-surgical treatments are less expensive but are not as long lasting as surgical procedures. Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Surgeon to discuss which options will best suit your needs.  Be direct with your questions and the result you are looking to achieve.

Options and budget

Thank you for your question and photos. You may have many surgical and non-surgical options to rejuvenate your appearance. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss options and find something within your budget that you would like to do.

All the best