Do I really need a breast lift? (Photos)

I met with my surgeon to discuss breast augmentation. He told me I need a lift as well. I hadn't considered this. I really hate the idea of the vertical scars. The implant I chose was 255cc as I don't want huge breasts. I want to be a Perkier full B or small C. I breast fed 3 kids in 3.5 years. I also had 3 c-section and I will also be having a mini tummy tuck with liposuction to stomach and love handles as well as muscle tightening.

Breast lift and tummy tuck

I think you can very well benefit from a lift with a small implant and also a full tummy tuck with liposuction of your love handles,this will give you great results,please consult with a board certified PS,best of luck!

Do I really need a breast lift?

Hello Dear thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures  you are an excellent candidate for breast lift eith implants, the results on your body would be great

I would recommend  you choose a certified plastic surgeon.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Breast Lift with the Implants

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Implants and No Lift

This is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.

If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

Find the right surgeon to help you decide

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Do I need a lift

Common question. Many patients just want an implant and try to avoid the necessary lifting. In your case, your nipples are below the crease and point down. An implant without a lift would look really bad. Talk it over with a board certified surgeon to better understand the reasons.

Mark Eberbach, MD

Breast augmentation/lift

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Based on the photos you have posted, it seems as though a lift may be necessary, a breast augmentation with implants will add projection and volume but may not be sufficient to correct the sagging appearance. I think you would be more satisfied with a breast aug and lift. Best of luck. You may want to consider giving your permission for the surgeon to determine during the surgery if a lift is necessary after he places the implants.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Yes, it does look like you need a breast lift. You are best to be evaluated in person to determine what technique might be appropriate.

Need breast lift?

Hello, if the nipples are at the lowest part of the breasts, implants alone will not usually improve the apparent nipple position and they will still look to low. For this reason a breast lift is usually recommended for patients with low nipples (called stage III ptosis).

Do I really need a breast lift?

An implant alone will not elevate your nipples - and they are low on your breast "mound".  If your nipples were higher then an implant alone might be OK but, in your case, you will end up with low nipples unless you have a lift.  You definitely do not need a "Wise" pattern or anchor scar but the "vertical" or lollipop scar would give you a good result.  The scars will be worth it for the better shape.  It sounds as if your surgeon is comfortable with the lollipop technique but if he would prefer an anchor scar that would be fine as well - the best results are achieved when the surgeon is using the technique that he/she is the most comfortable with.  The mini tummy tuck will also give you a nice improvement. 

Do I really need a breast lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well with pictures... Yes you do, but for you to know, you won't have a big scar if you choose a reasonable implant size, you will have really good results, good luck dear!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD