Do I really need a breast lift? (Photos)

I met with my surgeon to discuss breast augmentation. He told me I need a lift as well. I hadn't considered this. I really hate the idea of the vertical scars. The implant I chose was 255cc as I don't want huge breasts. I want to be a Perkier full B or small C. I breast fed 3 kids in 3.5 years. I also had 3 c-section and I will also be having a mini tummy tuck with liposuction to stomach and love handles as well as muscle tightening.

To lift or not to lift, that is the question

Restoring shape and volume is what breast enhancement procedures are all about.  When there is loose skin, this must be addressed.  There are many options available with different lift procedures and a multitude of breast implant options.  Here is a basic list of the four options available:

1. Breast lift alone (mastopexy)
  2. Breast lift combined with a small breast implant (below the muscle)
  3. Breast lift followed by a large breast implant (2 separate procedures)
  4. Breast implant alone (on top of the muscle, silicone)

Every woman is built differently and every breast is different, even on the same person.  So, each procedure is customized for every individual.  The final decision on how to proceed can be made after a history and physical examination, detailed measurements, photographs, computer simulation, trying on sizers, reviewing before and after photographs of other women similar in shape and size and talking with your surgeon.  A surgical plan will be developed that depends on:

• Patient desires
  • The breast "footprint"
  • The expertise of the surgeon
  • Cost
  • Down time
  • Scars
  • Risks and potential complications

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs breast enhancement procedures frequently.  This is an outpatient procedure with a quick recovery and a very high patient satisfaction rating.

Good Luck!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

1. Breast lift alone (mastopexy)

• Patient desires
  • The breast "footprint"
  • The expertise of the surgeon
  • Cost
  • Down time
  • Scars
  • Risks and potential complications

Good Luck!

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast lift and tummy tuck

I think you can very well benefit from a lift with a small implant and also a full tummy tuck with liposuction of your love handles,this will give you great results,please consult with a board certified PS,best of luck!

Breast lift and tummy tuck

Do I really need a breast lift?

Hello Dear thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures  you are an excellent candidate for breast lift eith implants, the results on your body would be great

I would recommend  you choose a certified plastic surgeon.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Do I really need a breast lift?

Ramon Morales, MD

Breast Lift with the Implants

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Implants and No Lift

This is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.

If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

Breast Lift with the Implants

Implants and No Lift

Find the right surgeon to help you decide

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Do I need a lift

Common question. Many patients just want an implant and try to avoid the necessary lifting. In your case, your nipples are below the crease and point down. An implant without a lift would look really bad. Talk it over with a board certified surgeon to better understand the reasons.

Mark Eberbach, MD

Do I need a lift

Mark Eberbach, MD

Breast augmentation/lift

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Based on the photos you have posted, it seems as though a lift may be necessary, a breast augmentation with implants will add projection and volume but may not be sufficient to correct the sagging appearance. I think you would be more satisfied with a breast aug and lift. Best of luck. You may want to consider giving your permission for the surgeon to determine during the surgery if a lift is necessary after he places the implants.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Breast augmentation/lift

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Breast lift

Yes, it does look like you need a breast lift. You are best to be evaluated in person to determine what technique might be appropriate.

Breast lift

Need breast lift?

Hello, if the nipples are at the lowest part of the breasts, implants alone will not usually improve the apparent nipple position and they will still look to low. For this reason a breast lift is usually recommended for patients with low nipples (called stage III ptosis).

Need breast lift?