Male weighing 240 pounds & height of 5.5 foot, can I have a liposuction to my abdomen and love handle for contouring? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Liposuction to reduce abdomen and flanks
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- Unfortunately, most of your fat appears to be internal -
- That is, it is internal around your organs, not under the skin.
- So liposuction cannot reach it and your contour improvement will be minimal.
- Your BMI is 40, making you a poor candidate for cosmetic surgery.
- The only way to improve the contour is to lose weight, either with more exercise and fewer calories or with a gastric bypass. I wish there were an easier answer but this is all we can offer today.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Liposuction for contouring
The ideal candidate for liposuction is a patient who is at or near their goal weight. Once you have gotten to at or near your goal weight and you find that you still have some stubborn fat pockets, at this point liposuction would be a good option for contouring.
Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring
I appreciate your question.
For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.