Male weighing 240 pounds & height of 5.5 foot, can I have a liposuction to my abdomen and love handle for contouring? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction to reduce abdomen and flanks
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- Unfortunately, most of your fat appears to be internal -
- That is, it is internal around your organs, not under the skin.
- So liposuction cannot reach it and your contour improvement will be minimal.
- Your BMI is 40, making you a poor candidate for cosmetic surgery.
- The only way to improve the contour is to lose weight, either with more exercise and fewer calories or with a gastric bypass. I wish there were an easier answer but this is all we can offer today.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring
I appreciate your question.
For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon