I was wondering if the swelling will go away after 5 weeks of smart lipo on the arms?

Since I have a wedding to attend, I'm worried that the wedding in 5 weeks after my smart lipo exactly. 

It Can Last a few Months But...

Swelling from SmartLipo usually lasts for a few months after the procedure. However, following your surgeon’s post-op guidelines properly will help you keep swelling to a minimum, and at 5 weeks, it should be very minor. 

Fenton Dermatologist

When will swelling go away?

Hi! Thanks for asking! It typically takes 3-6 months for all swelling to resolve. If you follow your surgeons guidelines by 5 weeks post op you should be okay. At five weeks you may have minimal swelling but not visible to others. Best of luck to you!

Scott C. Lindsay, DO
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

It takes up to 3 months to fully heal and see your final results, so you will still have swelling present at 5 weeks but it should be minimal at this point and most, if not all, bruising should have resolved. I usually have my patient’s wear their compression garments with topifoam and do daily light massaging to help with the swelling. You can also take 1 capsule of Resveratrol a day to assist in recovery along with taking some vitamin K which will help thicken the blood and reduce bruising. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo postop

The arms are slow to fully heal, but you should have minimal swelling and no bruising at 5 weeks. 

Gregory Chambon, MD
Overland Park Family Physician

You will keep improving for 6 months

you should not have a lot of swelling at 5 weeks. However, you will continue to improve and tighten for 6 months. in my experience the greatest improvement comes in the 2-6 month stretch and NOT in the first 2 months. Any bruising you have should be gone in 2-3 weeks. Not all patients bruise.

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

Wearing your compression garment will expedite the healing and keep swelling down.  Discuss your time constraints with your surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Swelling after Smat Lipo

There can be significant swelling after Smart Lipo.  The majority of the swelling will subside within the first 6-8 weeks, however some swelling can persist for many months and even out to a year.  Wearing your compression garment religiously during the first few weeks definitely helps the swelling subside faster.

SmartLipo and swelling

Thanks for your question. Before any special occasion, it’s always best to speak to your doctor about time constraints. Swelling may last several weeks, but every person is different.  Continue wearing compression garments. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smart Lipo

Thank you for posting your question. There are individual variations, but it can take 4-6 months for swelling to completely resolve. I recommend meeting with an experienced, board certified physician for an in-person consultation to better determine whether you are a good candidate for smart lipo at this point. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after SmartLipo

At 5 weeks after SmartLipo, swelling in the arms should be minimal, but there will still be some.  However, there is a lot of individual and case by case variation.  If you want to play it safe, I would probably allow 2-3 months between the procedure and a big event such as a wedding.