Are my boobs tubular? Can a mastopexy alone improve them slightly? (photo)

my boobs are not round.rather they are triangular 25.mother of a 3month not breastfeeding as i my baby had latching difficulty due to early introduction of bottle feed and my inverted question is that are my boobs tubular?and will periolar mastopexy alone slightly improve them??i dont want to have implants.

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Thanks for your your photo which shows tuberous breasts.The best for you and for achieving the desired result will be a mastopexia surgery with implants and lollipop scar as you do not have enough breast tissue. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. All the best...

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

Your breasts are tubular and are within the spectrum of tuberous breast deformity.  This is usually fixed with breast implants, a donut lift and release of constricting breast tissue.  If you definitely don't want implants, a lollipop or anchor breast lift would be alternate options.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Reconsider Using An Implant

The goal of breast augmentation for tuberous breasts is to create an aesthetic breast with the size, shape, and projection that is desired by the patient. During a tuberous breast consultation, measurements of the breasts are used as a starting point to delineate the best surgical treatment.

The picture you posted demonstrates some of the stigmata of tuberous breasts - a contracted lower pole and widely spaced breasts. Your breasts also look asymmetric. You may get a nice result from a lower pole release and a lollipop mastopexy, however, most constricted breasts do best with a combination of an implant to add some volume and a lift to reshape the soft tissue. I don't think a peri areolar lift alone will give you a result you will like.

See the link below for more information.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. In office sizing and digital three-dimensional simulations can help guide your implant choices. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Are my breasts tubular?

Hello and thank you for your question. You have constricted breasts with tubular component.  These anatomical shaped breasts are difficult to work with. Some surgeons will suggests stretching them first using tissue expanders. Personally I think a masropexy using a lollipop in ion will give a nice result. I don't think a periareolar lift will.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you do appear to have lower pole constriction consistent with characteristics of a tuberous breast.  If you do not desire an implant, then a wise pattern breast lift is the best option.  A periareolar lift only, will result in widening of the scar and flattening of the breast shape over time.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tubular breasts?

Thanks for your question and the photo.  In my opinion  you are technically constricted, bordering on tubular on the droopier side.  In essence though both breasts need a "change in their shape." Without an implant I don't think a periareolar lift will do enough. A full lift  allows more skin adjustment and even volume adjustment as in the example linked below. 

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

From your photographs it does appear that you have some of the elements of what we would call a "tuberous breast". The tuberous breast usually consists of a very constricted or narrow base with a large areola with some amount of extra breast tissue behind the areola. The correction of this breast anomaly usually requires some type of circular mastopexy to change the pointed configuration of the breast to one that is more rounded. Also, because the infra-memory crease is higher than one would like, this crease likewise needs to be lowered. If lowered too much, the risk is one of a double bubble where to contours are seen at the bottom. One from the old crease and the lower one where the implant is. If one can raise the nipple a little bit, then less lowering of this crease will need to be done. Therefore, in my hands, the appropriate operation is a circular breast lift or mastopexy with a silicone gel breast implant. You need to be careful in the selection of the size of the implant as this is critical to the outcome of this procedure. Since some skin, of necessity, will need to be removed to move the nipple upward, and there is usually a paucity of skin in the transverse direction anyway, a large implant may necessitate coverage by skin that is no longer there. I would tell our patients that there are some limitations in size if this operation is to be successful. Years later, after the skin is more stretched, a larger implant may be able to be placed. I would recommend you find a board certified plastic surgeon with demonstrated experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS