Are my boobs tubular? Can a mastopexy alone improve them slightly? (photo)

my boobs are not round.rather they are triangular shaped.im 25.mother of a 3month old.im not breastfeeding as i my baby had latching difficulty due to early introduction of bottle feed and my inverted nipples.my question is that are my boobs tubular?and will periolar mastopexy alone slightly improve them??i dont want to have implants.

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lipo-lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Are my breasts tubular?

YES!

From the pictures you provided, you definitely seem to have tubular breasts.  This is evident by the triangulated shape of your lower pole and the short distance from the nipple to the fold.  

Because the lower pole tends to be very tight, most Plastic Surgeons favor a peri-areolar approach through which the implant is placed either above or below the muscle and the glandular tissue is then scored to effectively release and soften it.  Oftentimes, this will be combined with some type of breast lifting procedure to help elevate the position of the nipple and reduce the areolar diameter.

This type of surgery is definitely more challenging than the average breast enhancement and so it is important that you choose a Plastic Surgeon well versed in this area.  

I hope this helps and wish you the very best!

-Gregory A. Buford, MD FACS

Are my breasts tubular?

YES!

-Gregory A. Buford, MD FACS

Tubular breasts

It does seem that you have tubular breasts. I suggest seeing a specialist plastic surgeon who has performed similar cases to yours. It can be difficult to get a full look with a mastopexy, but patients do tend to see greater results with a soft tissue expansion. Best of luck!

Tubular breasts

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Thanks for your your photo which shows tuberous breasts.The best for you and for achieving the desired result will be a mastopexia surgery with implants and lollipop scar as you do not have enough breast tissue. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. All the best...

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Tubular breasts

Your breasts are tubular and are within the spectrum of tuberous breast deformity.  This is usually fixed with breast implants, a donut lift and release of constricting breast tissue.  If you definitely don't want implants, a lollipop or anchor breast lift would be alternate options.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Tubular breasts

Reconsider Using An Implant

The goal of breast augmentation for tuberous breasts is to create an aesthetic breast with the size, shape, and projection that is desired by the patient. During a tuberous breast consultation, measurements of the breasts are used as a starting point to delineate the best surgical treatment.

The picture you posted demonstrates some of the stigmata of tuberous breasts - a contracted lower pole and widely spaced breasts. Your breasts also look asymmetric. You may get a nice result from a lower pole release and a lollipop mastopexy, however, most constricted breasts do best with a combination of an implant to add some volume and a lift to reshape the soft tissue. I don't think a peri areolar lift alone will give you a result you will like.

See the link below for more information.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. In office sizing and digital three-dimensional simulations can help guide your implant choices. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Reconsider Using An Implant

Are my breasts tubular?

Hello and thank you for your question. You have constricted breasts with tubular component.  These anatomical shaped breasts are difficult to work with. Some surgeons will suggests stretching them first using tissue expanders. Personally I think a masropexy using a lollipop in ion will give a nice result. I don't think a periareolar lift will.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Are my breasts tubular?

Peter Fisher M.D 

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you do appear to have lower pole constriction consistent with characteristics of a tuberous breast.  If you do not desire an implant, then a wise pattern breast lift is the best option.  A periareolar lift only, will result in widening of the scar and flattening of the breast shape over time.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Breast surgery

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Tubular breasts?

Thanks for your question and the photo.  In my opinion  you are technically constricted, bordering on tubular on the droopier side.  In essence though both breasts need a "change in their shape." Without an implant I don't think a periareolar lift will do enough. A full lift  allows more skin adjustment and even volume adjustment as in the example linked below. 

Hope this helps.

Tubular breasts?

Hope this helps.

Tubular?

From your photographs it does appear that you have some of the elements of what we would call a "tuberous breast". The tuberous breast usually consists of a very constricted or narrow base with a large areola with some amount of extra breast tissue behind the areola. The correction of this breast anomaly usually requires some type of circular mastopexy to change the pointed configuration of the breast to one that is more rounded. Also, because the infra-memory crease is higher than one would like, this crease likewise needs to be lowered. If lowered too much, the risk is one of a double bubble where to contours are seen at the bottom. One from the old crease and the lower one where the implant is. If one can raise the nipple a little bit, then less lowering of this crease will need to be done. Therefore, in my hands, the appropriate operation is a circular breast lift or mastopexy with a silicone gel breast implant. You need to be careful in the selection of the size of the implant as this is critical to the outcome of this procedure. Since some skin, of necessity, will need to be removed to move the nipple upward, and there is usually a paucity of skin in the transverse direction anyway, a large implant may necessitate coverage by skin that is no longer there. I would tell our patients that there are some limitations in size if this operation is to be successful. Years later, after the skin is more stretched, a larger implant may be able to be placed. I would recommend you find a board certified plastic surgeon with demonstrated experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck.

Tubular?