What are specifically the exercises I can do 3 weeks post op, breast augumentation and lift.

I recently had a breast lift and augumentation, i am now 3 weeks post op. I went from a 36C to 36 DD. My PS told me I could ease back into exercising again. However, I need specifics, I usually lift weights for my legs, arms, shoulders and back, and run. I really need some specific answers about which exercise are ok.. Can I lift weights, and maybe keep it light weight..or is there a specific variety of exercise that is better such as yoga or something? .very confused, please help.

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Exercise after breast augmentation

I usually allow my patients to go back to light aerobics within 3-4 weeks after surgery.  Best to ask your surgeon based upon how you are healing.

Exercise post-op

If the surgery,healing,recovery have been normal in my patients, I allow them to do whatever they want at that point. That does NOT mean they are comfortable. BUT - you need to follow YOUR surgeon's recommendations as only they know the specifics of your entire situation.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD