Difference between fleur de lis lipectomy and fleur de lis abdominoplasty?

I went to a consult yesterday and the good doctor recommended a fleur de lis lipectomy. A previous doctor recommended a circumferential abdominoplasty. What is the difference between a "lipectomy" and an "abdominoplasty?" Does one just remove skin and fat while the other does that and also tightens muscles?

Same procedures

In plastic surgery we have different names and "techniques" for the same surgery, usually is a minor modification of the original procedure. in this case I assume is the same surgery but you are right asking. Please confirm with the surgeon that said lipectomy it he will also do the muscle plication. 

Body lift

Circumferential body lift, fleur-de-lis, lipectomy.... These are terms with various modifications of similar procedures for weight loss patients.  Best to be seen in person.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  A fleur de lis adbominoplasty and lipectomy can sometimes refer to the same procedure.  The names can be confusing.  These procedures are performed to remove skin and fat and tighten your muscles.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD