Sickle cell trait and BBL! Any suggestions? (photos)

Hello!!ok I have the sickle cell trait!I plan on getting clearance from a blood docter...but I read up here ..with my condition. .I should have surgery (bbl)in a hospital to be safe ..what docters perform this in a hospital I can look into for reasonable prices..I really want this done ..but wanna live to enjoy my results!a lot of my friends had to get blood transfusions. .I wanna do my research to ensure safety

Doctor Answers 2


Having performed surgery on many patients with sickle cell trait I suggest you  see a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian butt lift operates at a certified facility and ask him, or her, how many surgeries on patients like me have you performed?  All surgeries carry risks  so choose your surgeon carefully. Good luck.

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 29 reviews


Thank you for your question.When doing your research and scheduling consultations with board certified plastic surgeons, you have to ask them if/and where they have privileges at any hospitals in the area. Most surgeons have certain days and times blocked off so they can perform surgeries at the hospital for cases such as yours. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.