Pain in my left breast implant, 7 months post-op

I have been having pain in my left boobs for about a week. I thought it was my heart after having every test done at the hospital I know it's not my heart. It's my breast. It started out being a little sore now I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort. Under my breat is sore and the side it hurt when I move it. Feels like burning. When I lay flat in my back it gets worse. It's hard to explain the feeling but it does not feel good. Saline implants! 7 months post op

The most common cause of new pain 7 months after breast augmetation is capsular contracture. Please see your surgeon for an exam and diagnosis.

Breast implant pain

Thank you for your question . Breast pain after surgery may be due to a number of things . It is important to be evaluated by your plastic surgery  to determine the cause and possible treatment . If the breast feels firmer and has a different shape this may be the beginnings of capsule contracture . Other possible etiologies could be traction or stretch on the nerve which causes more of a burning pain . Following up with your plastic surgeon is your best option . 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

You need to follow-up with your surgeon

The pain you are describing can be due to scar tissue forming around the breast implant.  Follow-up with you surgeon to make sure you are not forming a capsular contracture.  If caught early enough, it can resolve with medication, supplements and massage.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Breast issue

If you are having discomfort with your breast, then you are probably best served by seeing your surgeon. Best of luck.