Are there any meds that would keep you from having a Brazilian butt lift done?

Patients need to notify the doctor what medicine

Thanks for your question. This is an important matter. Patients need to notify the doctor what medicine is using and if the patient suffers from any diseases. There are meds that have to be stopped before surgery, most of this meds have to be stopped at least for 1 or 2 weeks before the surgery. I recommend that you consult a certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.

#liposuction #plasticsurgery #BBL

Hello Klean09,  thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Medication restrictions

There are thousands of different potential medications one could be on.  The best way to approach this question is to ask specifically about different medications.  In general one would want to avoid blood thinners and medications which impede wound healing.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

BBL and meds

In general, patients should avoid medications that cause bleeding like aspirin and anti-inflammatories.  Best to review your meds with your doctor.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination and review of your medical history. There are certain medications that should be stopped prior to your surgery to prevent complications. A list of medications to avoid should be provided by your plastic surgeon during your consultation or prior to the procedure. I would ask during your consultation for a list of these medications and your doctor will also review your medical history to see if you are a candidate to undergo elective cosmetic surgery. Main medications to avoid is anything with blood thinning properties. Best of luck.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon