I want a full tummy tuck and a butt lift. Can both be done in one day?

Staged procedures recommended

This is possible, but I don’t recommend it because your recovery will be quite difficult. A tummy tuck requires you to avoid resting on your front, and a butt lift requires that you avoid resting on your back. So, you’ll only have your side to rest on, but if you have liposuction on your sides, then this is not recommend either for long periods of time. Which means that while you rest, you’ll need to keep shifting positions to avoid complications. For this reason, it’s best to have the procedures done at different times.

Tummy tuck and butt

Dear Klean,    Cosmetic surgery is totally elective . You don't have to have it , but rather you wants it. As such, complications should be reduced to a minimum. In an article that was published in plastic surgery journal and was based on data obtained from insurance company that insures only cosmetic surgery case,  it was demonstrated that any combination  surgery of tummy tuck and other major procedures , increase severe complication rate X 2-3.  Combined tummy tuck surgery with liposuction, increases severe complications rate X 10 !    Additionally, I can tell you that BBL is a complete waste of your time and money , because the fat disappears completely or almost completely with months or even sooner. I have seen it on many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implants after their big disappointment from the procedure that was done by other surgeons. Think about it this way, if fat injection was consistent and reliable, most women would have preferred it for breasts augmentation over breasts implants. The reality is that breasts augmentation with implants is the number 1 cosmetic surgery in the US ...   Butt implants are your best option for butt augmentation. When it's done by expert hands  it is attractive and natural. However, I will not recommend to combine it with tummy tuck , because of the increase risk and because of the contradicting positioning during surgery - tummy tuck on back and butt implants on stomach. I would recommend tummy tuck first  because of the wonderful changes in your body that occur, including significant weight loss, due to the abdominal muscles tightening that reduces the amount of food the you can eat and the sense of hunger. That might save you the liposuction procedure, since only 10% of my tummy tuck patients, request liposuction later on. The butt implants surgery can be done 3-4 weeks after tummy tuck or later.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons , who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                                             Best of luck,                                                                   Dr Widder

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck and BBl in one surgery?

Thank you for your question. Yes they can be done in one surgery. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

It is possible to do TT And Butt lift on same day

It is not proper to answer  without knowing  heght weight  or fat distribution of the individual.  Liposuction is a integral part of modern tummy tuck, same fat can be injected at the butt  at same time.  If you are ok with the first session outcome, its  fine.  Or you can always think of 2nd session fir further fat injectionwe regularly do it  at Mumbai, India

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

These procedures can be done at the same time though it will make recovery more difficult and may affect graft survival. It is very dependent on your body and goals for these procedures. I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what is best for you. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question.I generally do stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - BBL and Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. I do not think it is a good idea to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. I believe you will have better results if you stage the procedures. First do liposuction to harvest fat from the hips, flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This fat can be used for the BBL. Once you have recovered from Stage 1, a tummy tuck can be performed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck. 

Tummy tuck and fat grafting

I do not perform both at the same time- extra risks and recovery is difficult. I perform them as two separate procedures, usually Vaser ultrasound liposuction with fat grafting first. Then, when up to it, tummy tuck.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Tummy tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift on same day

It is certainly possible to do both procedures on the same day.  However, some surgeons feel that they should be done on separate days because if you sit on the fat grafts right after surgery, the chance for survival of the grafts would be lower.