What can I do to endure the best results with my TT and breast lift/reduction?

I am 46 and have waited for several years to get my procedures. I am been scouring the sight and reading as many of the comments and experiences listed here. I am sooo anxious and nervous about my results. I know its goin to be challenging but I am up for it. If anyone has any siggestions as to how I can optimize my post op process and recovery I would love to hear them. 4 days and counting!!! I look forward to learning from anyone that has some feedback and I cant wait to share my journey..:

What can I do to maximize results from surgery

Thank you for your question.  I advised my patients to reach their stable, goal weight prior to performing surgery. To reduce your risks during surgery and ensure optimal results it's important to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet to prepare for surgery. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be.  A regular exercise routine is also helpful preparation. By building muscle, you increase your basal metabolic rate. This makes it easier to avoid weight gain, especially in the postoperative period when physical activity is minimal. Cardiovascular exercise strengthens the heart and promotes a faster recovery from surgery. If you have a regular exercise routine, it is much easier to resume these activities after recovering from surgery.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Mommy make-over - how to heal well?

Here are the things that will help your recovery:·         No smoking anything, not just cigarettes ·         Exercise until the day before surgery ·         Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. ·         Have Tylenol, Advil, gauze, peroxide and Vaseline or Aquaphor for use if needed afterwards. ·         Have someone to do all chores and child care for for a minimum of 2 weeks, ideally 3-4.             Knee high compression stockings and a walker for use afterwards to support circulation and get around

Tummy tuck and breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you should have a great result.  Just not to worry too much and trust in your surgeon!

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What can I do to ensure the best results with my TT and breast lift/reduction?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with mommy makeover surgery ( coming up soon!). The “recovery experience” will vary from one patient to another depending on the  exact procedures performed, the patient's medical/psychological baseline health, and overall “attitude” (and how you define "recovery"). Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities/work, given that he/she knows you best, how you are progressing, and whether or not you have experienced any complications.  

Since you are about to undergo major surgery (involving significant physical and psychological recovery often underestimated by patients) the following words of advice may be helpful to you:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation. 

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful. 

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers. 

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery. 

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies. 

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change). 

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience. 

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery. 
11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the potentially tougher emotional times after your surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! There are several things you can do to prepare for surgery.  Eat a healthy diet and review your medications with your surgeon.  Some medications are commonly advised against prior to surgery such as aspirin, ibuprofen and certain herbal supplements.  Organize some help at home for the first few days as you'll be tired and may need a pair of extra hands around the house.  Organize a ride home from the surgery as you won't be able to drive.  Having plenty of pillows on hand is also a good idea as positioning will be key in keeping you comfortable.  Good luck!

Camille Cash, MD

Breast lift and implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants).
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.