Recovery time on a breast lift with implants

Hi guys in a weeks time im getting a lift and implant done. I have taken a week of work and I'm hoping it will be enough recovery time. I'm getting mixed feedback some people are saying it should be plenty and others are saying il need more time. I have a office job talking and sitting in front of a computer all day. Nothing physical. What is your experience and thoughts ?

For breast lift with implants, a week should be an adequate amount of time to recover given the demands of your job. You may still have some soreness, but working should not be a big issue.Of course, important to discuss your plans with your surgeon. They are your best resource for advice regarding returning to work, activities, etc.Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

Recovery Time

The average recovery for breast augmentation and lift is around a week.  If you are not lifting your arms overhead as well as not lifting heavy items, your recovery at work should be permissible.   Allow your body the proper time to heal  by taking breaks and taking the correct dosage of medication.  Best of luck.  

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Recovery time

A week off should be more than adequate after a lift with an implant. You describe a "desk job", so physically the stress should not be too much. You will tire easily, so factor that in. You may want to work a few halfdays before going full tilt again. It is important to give your body some time to heal. Remember, NO pain medications when you're driving!!!Good luck,
Dr. Morrissey

A week off work should be adequate for recovery from these procedures.  You may tire more easily than normal, but will adjust as you continue to recover.  The best person to ask is your surgeon as he/she knows the details of what is planned for your surgery and can best advise you.  Best of luck!

Camille Cash, MD

I think if that is all you do, you are likely fine .I think you will be tired  and you should not take any pain pills while a work, so you will have to play it by ear. I have my patients take 2 weeks off after a breast lift with implants.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast lift with implants: recovery time

In my experience, more than 90% of my patients are back to work in an office setting by the fifth day after surgery. For example, a patient would return to work Monday if surgery were the Wednesday before.  For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after breast surgery

It seems that you're also going to receive mixed advice from physicians, just as you did from  friends. Sometimes the advice we offer as surgeons is based on research and data, and sometimes it truly depends on the training we received, the teachings from our mentors, and our own personal experiences. This just means that there is not likely a "correct" answer to your question. My personal recommendation to patients undergoing a lift with augmentation is to return to nonstrenuous jobs like yours when they feel comfortable enough to do so. For some, that means resuming work after 4-5 days, and for others it means 2 weeks. Nothing you do at work will adversely affect your surgery. The main issue for many patients is feeling good enough to drive SAFELY. I do recommend that patients take at least a week off if they can, since they'll feel more comfortable and energetic at work.  Those that can't take that much time do fine, but may wish that they could still be home instead of at work on the 5th or 6th day. Good luck!

Andres Taleisnik, MD

The lift provides little postop pain, it is the submuscular placement of the implants. The majority of patients are back to nonlifting desk work by 7 days and comfortable on ibuprofen. BUt if it is possible to get a few more days off, that makes your life that much easier.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast lift with implant augmentation

You should take at least 10 days off (meaning two weekends) at a minimum prior to going back to work regardless of level of activity at your job. Please see examples of breast lift and implant augmentations below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Returning to work after Breast Augmentation w/ Lift

I advise that my patients will feel comfortable returning to work after a breast augmentation and lift based on the following averages: ·      Above the muscle 3-4 days ·      Below the muscle 4-10 days (average 7) As your job does not require any strenuous lifting, you should feel comfortable returning to work after a week. During your recovery, ensure you are well-rested and take time easing back into your daily routine. Also, be sure to discuss a post-of plan with your board-certified surgeon for a personalized recommendation. 

Jay Burns, MD