Do I need a Tummy Tuck revision to re-tighten? Upper is looser than lower but lower is still poochy. (photos)

Had TT in March... stomach is "loose" already. Can I go tighter and will I need to also go vertical as my skin elasticity is suboptimal (hope not). Thanks

Tummy Tuck Revision

Without having seen your pre-operative photos and your starting point is it hard to make a good assessment as to whether more surgery will of value.  You are likely to continue to see some improvement.  I recommend you return to your surgeon and ask him/her whether more surgery will be needed.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revisons are possible

if you must have it flatter and tighter.  I'm certain you still have achieved a remarkable improvement over where you started from.  But you do have some residuals and you really need to figure out what is most important to you and then you can discuss concerns and goals with your surgeon and see what options are offered to you.  In my hands, if you had to have the central laxity addressed, you would be offered a midline excision.

Curtis Wong, MD

You might be able to get a tighter result but to do so you will likely need a larger scale operation than originally meaning a longer incision around the hips. I would advise losing whatever weight you can lose and revisiting the idea at 6 months to a year.
Best Regards,
John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Revision TT

Hello. A revision tummy tuck is the best option to remove redundant skin and fat. If well designed, a vertical incision would not be necessary. 

Do I need a Tummy Tuck revision to re-tighten? Upper is looser than lower but lower is still poochy.

This is really hard to answer because there is a limit to how much you can take as far as skin. It may have been that your surgeon could not take more skin for whatever reason. It's really hard to say if you need a revision or not, but I would just talk to you surgeon and find out if they took as much as they possible could. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for the photos.I see the issue in the photo of you bending but these are no replacement for an in office consultation.It appears the excess vertical skin has been appropriately removed but there is still horizontal excess which may require a vertical midline incision to improve the result. I understand your reluctance but it is very effective.
Another option if you want to avoid the midline incision is to place incisions along the side of the chest wall which will not be obvious on frontal viewing but can be seen from the side. As there is very little tension across these incision lines they usually heal quite well.
Return to your surgeon to discuss your concerns. If you do not get the information you need seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the other options available to you.Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Can I get more tightness from a revision of my TT?

It appears to me from photos that you have lost quite a bit of weight or that you have had some large pregnancies. Yes, you could have more tightening and flattening of your belly by removing more excess skin and really putting the muscles together. Maybe this was not done in your initial surgery. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results

Hello,It's too early to do anything at this point and you certainly have a lot of swelling still, when resolved might make some improvement to persistent fullness.  Assessment shouldn't be made for 9 months after surgery. If at that time you are not happy, discuss with your surgeon and/or get second opinions from ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Revision

It is a very difficult question to answer without an exam.  I do see the areas of concern and the laxity that you mention.  You may be a candidate for a vertical, maybe not, but it would be best to go in on some consultations and get opinions of a couple of surgeons to see what would be best. 
Not sure if your history includes massive weight loss, but in such patients it is unlikely to achieve a very tight result as the skin lacks the elasticity and things do tend to loose slightly after the surgery.
Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD