Rhinoplasty help needed. Post op and can't tell if anything was done? Left pre-op and right, post op after 7 days (Photos)

Just had RhinoSepto done. Atleast that's what I think?! It's been 9 days, I can't tell if the rhino was done. Looking at profile, it looks the same. Front view, nose is slightly higher. Goal was 2 remove minor hump on top bridge and keep high bridge/masculinity with minor tip rise. I was told that 2 slight bumps were removed. He says I can't see due to swelling. Did have bruising under eyes. Don't know if he just did septo and didnt do rhino? Or if I need to wait 4 the humps swelling 2 go down.

Post op septorhinoplasty

You can expect to have a lot of swelling 9 days after a rhinoplasty.  So, it will be difficult to assess exactly what it will look like at that point.  If you are concerned about the way your nose looks, I recommend that you ask you surgeon about that.  He/she performed the surgery, so he will be able to address what he did and answer your concerns. 

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Worried rhinplasty patient

It does not look like your hump was reduced; frequently, there may be slight bruising postoperatively, but it should not look like nothing was done. Please check with your surgeon 1st, but it looks like you will have to get your hump removed if this was your desire.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear Avedissian91, I would speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns. He/she knows best what the proposed results were and the techniques used during your procedure. You are nine days post surgery and still have residual swelling and that will take a few more weeks to months to dissipate. With that said, it is my opinion that if you wanted a straight nose and the dorsal hump refined then you may need further surgery to achieve that goal. See example in the link below and a similar nose in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos and I would express your concerns to your surgeon who knows what he did

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty help

you are super early in this process. Please give it time for swelling to improve and continue to follow your surgeons recommendations for post op care. Over the first few months, a majority of the swelling will improve and you will have a better idea. 

Beast of luck. 

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon