What is the percentage of bad results versus good results?

I have not had any laser work done but I would like to. I am 62 , white and have sunspots, large pores and uneven surface of skin. I keep reading about all of the bad results but few if any of positive results. So I am so concerned that I have not had any treatments. What is the percentage of bad results versus good results? I can't decide to do this or not.

Fractional co2 laser on the face

Fractional co2 laser may be an excellent option to rejuvenate your skin. The laser may help with texture, tone, and skin resiliency.  Speak to a knowledgeable surgeon who understands your needs and your desire to remain conservative with minimal risk.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Fraxel laser and great results

Fraxel is one of the best lasers that I have ever used.  However, the bad results that you read about are from people who are not trained to perform this type of procedure.  I suggest you consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these lasers for the best cosmetic results.

Bad Versus Good Results With Laser

It is best to go to a laser expert.  You sound like laser resurfacing will help but this is not something just anyone should do.  You want someone who is meticulous, laser fellowship trained, and who does a lot of procedures yearly.  I suggest making a formal consultation with a well trained cosmetic dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Before & After Pictures for Good Results

Hi Caroline.  A board certification in dermatology or plastic surgery does not guarantee good results.  Your best bet is to find a qualified practitioner (start with the website and personal referrals) and attend a few consultations.  If the practice cannot show you good before and after pictures of their OWN patients that have had similar concerns as you and have been treated successfully at that practice, then you should pass.

To see examples of laser and injection before and after photos for other Newport Beach, CA patients like yourself, click on the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Good results vs. bad results depends on where you go

Good results versus bad results depends on where you go for your treatments and what treatment you have. There are plenty of meds spas and nonspecialist physicians doing cosmetic treatments these days and your chances of having bad results are higher if you don't go to a cosmetic specialist such as a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
In my opinion, the best treatment for large pores is Fraxel restore.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon