I have severe bruising from juvaderm in the lip and would like to know if this is normal? (photos)
Doctor Answers 7
Bruisung after juvederm
Bruising after Juvederm
Bruising and swelling after Juvederm
Thank you for your question amberrichard. Juvederm is a filler that can be used to enhance the lips. With any injections there is a risk of swelling and bruising, which can take up to two weeks (or sometimes longer) to resolve. I have patients return two weeks after a treatment to take after photographs to assess the results after the majority of the swelling has subsided. Patience is important. In our office we treat bruises as early as the next day with a laser. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!
You might also like...
Juvederm to the lips - is severe bruising normal?
- I am sorry this happened -
- This is swelling and it will go down.
- Do not have additional Juvederm to balance it since the Juvederm stays and the swelling goes away.
- Bruising is usually from using a needle to inject the Juvederm - a common practice.
- I prefer to use a cannula - which is much less likely to cause bruising.
- Ask your surgeon to use a cannula in the future.
Bruising after Juvederm Treatment
Unfortunatley the bruising there appears significant but not dangerous. I would recommend applying ice regularly, and to arrange a follow up appointment with your practitioner. If the lips are asymmetrical I am sure they will correct this free of charge.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.