I just had rhinosepto performed. Did I get what I paid for or did I just get septo done? I can't tell. (Photo)

Just had septorhino done. At least that's what I think. It's been 5 days, I can't tell if the rhino was done. Looking at profile with cast/dressing on still, it looks the same. Front view, nose is slightly higher. Goal was to remove minor hump and keep high bridge/masculinity. I was told that 2 slight bumps were removed and the septo was done. I touch the bridge and it's not that sensitive. I have bruising under the eyes and did bleed. I don't know if he just did septo and not rhino as well?

Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and the photos but without post operative views of your nose it is hard to say what was done, but bruising around the eyes suggested more then a septoplasty was done.

Dr. Corbin

Seporhinoplasty

You didnt' have enough removed from your nasal dorsum which has resulted in you having a residual hump that results in a supratip fullness; overall you are improved from your prephoto, but I do believe that you are going to have some residual dorsal fullness.

Rhinoplasty: evaluating your result, comparing it to the simulation

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down to see your result. In the first 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling will go down. Over the next 6-9 months you'll experience a downward trending rollercoaster of swelling going up and down depending on your exposure to heat, sun, or salt. At one year, you're close to your final result; however, the nose is known to continue healing and refining by very small amounts for years after that. 

At 5 days, you're very early in the process and it would be difficult to make a clear judgement of your result. Computer simulations are more useful during the consultation, so my patients can communicate what they want to change. I tell my patients that it does not represent the exact nose they will end up with. 

It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first.