Fat Transfer Removal: My left side is fatter than my right, and it has made me look like I've developed saggy jowls.

I had a fat transfer done four weeks ago at the recommendation of a doctor when doing a chin implant revision to achieve a smoother contour so that there were not gaps between the implant and my jawbone. He had also filled my lower cheeks, because he believed it would achieve a fuller look for my elongated face. Now my left side is fatter than my right, and it has made me look like I've developed saggy jowls. I want it removed as soon as possible to avoid scar formation. What are my options?

Doctor Answers 4

Can I have fat removed from my face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Unfortunately, when fat is transferred to different areas, asymmetry can occur. You could have this corrected by liposculpting the larger side. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Fat Transfer Results, Are They Permanent? Reversal?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest seeing an expert as this can be treated with liposuction or kybella possibly.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Fat grafting to face asymmetric

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi Kbee,

Thanks for your question. Based on your description it is too early to do anything. I would wait at least 3 months. The scar formation now is about 50% strong and it will make your result worse if you decided to do something now. Remember that fat reabsorbs but what you typically have at 3 months is yours to keep. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon! Good Luck.

All the best,
Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@fatgrafting @asymmetry @docmata #drcarlosmata
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Carlos Mata, MD, MBA, FACS
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Fat Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question and I would see my surgeon and express to him my disappointment and have him correct the situation as he knows what he did.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.