What Can I do to drastically improve the under eye wrinkles I have? (photo)

What Can I do to drastically improve the under eye wrinkles I have? I am already drinking lots of water, am using a moisturizer, and daily eye cream. Is there anything else that I should be doing? How about Botox or other treatment? I would like to avoid surgery if possible.

How do I improve the under eye wrinkles?

There are several things you can do to improve your under eye wrinkles. First, I would strongly recommend not going in the sun and wearing a sunscreen daily like Organoderm face cream with spf 30+. Also, sunglasses as well as hats are further good protection. Don't smoke if you do! Botox also may help to paralyze the orbicularis muscle partially to help reduce the lines. Finally, Organoderm has a great eye gel that is formulated with the latest non toxic peptides. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

Hello and thanks for your question. If your concern is wrinkles, or rhytids, then I would recommend treatment with a CO2 fractional laser. If there is an area of hollowness, then placing an HA filler or fat in the tear trough can improve the appearance of the eyes. There are many good minimally invasive options for treatment.

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do think you're a great candidate for placement of a hyaluronic acid filler in your tear trough (i.e., under eye) area. In this area I prefer Volbella or Restylane, but there are other fillers that work well in this location. This is one of my favorite procedures to perform, as patients instantly look more rested and younger. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles treatment

This would best be improved if fillers were used. I use Restylane on blunt cannulas for this area. Adding Botox might be helpful too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane or Belotero, Laser C02/Erbium Resurfacing, Microneedling, Viva/Intensif, Fraxel

Lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP and skin care/peels all help with dark circles but nothing will "cure" this.  As it is often genetic.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Dennie Morgan lines?

I see perhaps not just the wrinkles but some edema in the lower eyelid itself and hyperpigmentation.  If you have allergies (puffy eyes, especially in the morning waking up, itching, history of eye rubbing), then taking an antihistamine daily can help address the underlying cause.

Peter Chien, MD

Botox in the banana roll immediately under your lower eyelashes will help.

Botox in the banana roll immediately under your lower eyelash will help.   Filler used carefully can inflate the hollow tear troughs.  The PicoSure Laser can help with the dark circles.  A nonablative laser like the Smoothbeam, Fraxel 1550 and fractional radio frequency treatments  such as eMatrix can help tighten the skin a smooth the wrinkles. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

What can I do to drastically improve under eye wrinkles

Unfortunately you have thick skin and very deep creases. Nothing will eradicate them. You also have dark pigmentation and now eyelid redundancy. The best treatment for dramatic improvement of creases is ablative CO2 laser with perhaps some fat grafting. With your skin type the treatment should be confined to the eyelid skin only.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Undereye wrinkles

It is important to remember that some skin laxity under the eyes is required to allow for eyelid motion. That being said, a small amount of Botox (1 unit per undereye) injected into the orbicularis oculi muscle underneath the eye can soften the lines and muscle bulge. Topical skincare in this area is also very important including good sun protection. Finally, lasers and fillers can be helpful if the lines worsen or you develop some volume loss.