Botox for wide face/brow lift and fillers for chin? (photos)

Hello. My face is very wide and chin doesn't look proportionate to my face. I am very petite so it looks odd. Would botox in the masseter muscle make my face thinner, as well as fillers in my chin to elongate my face? My inner portion of my eyebrow where my brow meets my nose also seems very droopy, especially when I turn sideways, would botox correct this problem as well? How many units of botox would and syringes of fillers would be needed?Thanks!

Botox for wide face/brow lift and fillers for chin?

Botox Cosmetic® injections into the masseter can elongate the jawline, giving the face an overall more "oval" or "heart-shaped" appearance. Filler injections into the chin may make it protrude more, but may not elongate the actual jawline. Botox Cosmetic® injections into the glabella and nasal bridge (area between and/or below the brows) can separate and slightly lift the brows themselves. To address specific needs, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Miami Dermatologist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Miami Dermatologist

Botox to thin the face

Botox can be used to soften features of the face such as masseter muscle hypertrophy and heavy medial brows.  Filler can be effective at creating a more prominent chin.  Make sure to seek out an expert in facial aesthetics to discuss expectations prior to treatment.  In your case, masseter injections are not likely to make a difference due to the fact that yours are not very prominent.  Treatment of the platysma and lower face with small amounts of botox with some filler to the chin could create a smoother jawline.  Treatment of the central brows could elevate the middle portion of the lid.  Don't be too hard on yourself, small tweaks can create great results in young patients; be careful to not over do it.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox to thin the face

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox to slim the face

Botox into your masseter muscle will slowly slim the face and is best appreciated after several injection sessions spanning about 6 months.  It does often require 50 or more total units split equally on each side.  Botox would certainly be expected to raise your medial brow within 2-2 1/2 weeks of injection and is the simplest and fastest way to "try on" a procedure.  If you are satisfied with the result, moving on to a chin implant, for which you appear to be a great candidate, can remarkably improve the chin projection and jawline profile.   If you wanted to avoid a minor surgery or having a non-biodegradable substance placed in the body, then 1-2 cc of a filler can somewhat but not exactly replicate the effect.  Thicker fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft seem to work best for the chin. 

Botox to slim the face

Botox for brows; chin implant for chin!

You are a fantastic candidate for Botox between the eyes which will result in your inner brows raising and a chin implant which will make provide you improved vertical length and improved projection of your chin; this can be done in less than 1/2 hour. Please see example below and make a consultation to discuss details and pricing.

Botox for brows; chin implant for chin!

Botox for Masseter Muscles

Botox can slim the face if used appropriately.  Please see an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for Masseter Muscles

Botox for Massester Injection

Botox would definitely help with both of these problems that you don't like.  Botox can be injected into the masseter muscle for facial slimming.  It makes 25 units in each side to make this effective.  Also a little bit of Voluma will help the facial structures for a more angled jaw.  Please consult a specialist for this expert technique.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for Massester Injection