Alternatives to Botox for fine forehead lines? (Photo)

Whenever I get Botox on the right side of my forehead, my right brow drops ever so slightly, creating a slight hooded eye effect. I have been to numerous skilled plastic surgeons and it always happens. When I just treat the middle of my forehead, this doesn't happen but fine lines remain visible. How can I solve this problem without Botox? Is there anyway to counteract this hooded eye before the Botox wears off?

Fine lines forehead

Neurotoxins like botox only wotk on dynamic wrinkles; For fine lines you might try something like minimally invasive radiofrequency treatment. It might take 4-6 treatments. Another option would be CO2 laser resurfacing. Lastly, you might want to consider a upper blepharoplasty if there extra upper eyelid skin. This surgery can be accomplished in the office under local anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Best of luck.

Brow Drop

A lowered brow can be frustrating, but you can also try lifting your outer brow to help counteract the holding of your eyelid if it's a small amount. You can treat forehead lines at rest with filler but lines created with movement are mainly treated with some type of neuromodulator. You may try a different one and have it injected higher up on your forehead or with less units of neuromodulator.  Thanks for sharing your question. 

Michelle Eagan, MD
San Francisco Physician

Botox for wrinkle

Hi.For the wrinkle that comes with muscle movement (active wrinkle) we need one of the neuromodulators like botox but for passive wrinkle in forehead you can try PRP and few sessions of Laser or RF.

Eyebrow dropping is one of the complications of Botox but we can decrease the risk by injecting less and higher part of forehead

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician