Will I be able to get another accutane prescription after not being able to finish?

I was on my 5th month of accutane and my acne had really improved, though my dermatologist said we would do another 6 months. i started day one on 60mg and my acne was still bad but way better. then an artery in my brain burst (i was only 19 at the time) and I had to have brain surgery. It was fixed and totally fine but my dermatologist freaked out and wouldn't see me anymore. well it's been 3 years so maybe i can try again? my acne is obviously improved but still painful and gross

Accutane and other acne treatments

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your history and struggles with acne. With that being said, I recommend you consult with your neurologist to obtain clearance for Accutane therapy, or consult with another board certified dermatologist to discuss alternative treatment options for acne such as topical medications, oral antibiotics, chemical peels, light therapy, etc. Take care and good luck.