Can a sports bra be too tight after breast augmentation causing implants to be squished?

I do realize that it takes months for inplant to settle into place but I want to be sure that I am not doing anything that will affect the outcome. I have my post op appt in a few days..I am currently 4 days post op and my implants look high as expected, but very squished and abnormal.

Bra or no

If your bra is too tight, then you should contact your surgeon and see what he suggests that you do.  Best of luck.

Can a sports bra be too tight?

Without seeing photos, it is hard to determine if your breasts actually look abnormal. If you feel that your implants are being affected by your bra, I would recommend trying a larger size non-underwire sports bra, specifically one that opens in the front. You can bring both bras with you to your appointment and then your surgeon can choose the one he/she feels is best for you. Support is important, but if you see imprints in your skin from your bra, it may be too tight.

Audrey Klenke, MD
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon