5 weeks post op - breast augmentation with a lift. Right side has not dropped. Any suggestions?

Hi, I am 5 weeks post op, breast augmentation with a lift. My left side has dropped nicely, but my right has not. I have attached a photo for your review, I am worried that a revision will be necessary. I know I must wait 3 months for final results, however the look so different. Please help! Thank you

#breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery #breastlift

Hi Jo_wallace, congratulations on your recent surgery. Thank you so much for your excellent question!  Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. If you seek out a second opinion look for the following:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol   *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  Care Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I do not see a photo posted, but you will likely need to wait 4-6 months for things to settle down before seeing the final result.

Differential wrapping can help implant asymmetry

Thank you for your question.  I find it beneficial in these cases to perform differential wrapping of your implants with a six inch ace wrap.  It helps to have someone help you with it.  Wrap the Ace wrap firmly around your chest above the right breast and below the left breast. Wear it as much as possible. I have seen this work many times and avoid revision surgery. Good luck. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Picture did not load

Thanks for your inquiry, but your picture did not load on my end.  Please retry so we can comment.  In general implants routinely fall at different rates,