Will my rhinoplasty be difficult to do? (Photo)

Thanks for your answer to my previous question. I was wondering if and when I do get a rhinoplasty do you think it will be difficult to give me a nice nose. I am thinking I may have to travel to get a good doctor as there is only one on this island. Thank you.

Will my rhinoplasty be difficult to do?

Greetings

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Difficult rhinoplasty?

Hello Raquel,

Rhinoplasty is not an easy operation, but that does not mean that you should not expect a good result. Your pictures show a slightly long nose with a boxy, bifid tip. The overlying skin does not seem to be too thick. I believe that a very good result could be obtained in your case. One needs to properly examine the nose, discuss your desires and goals and then one can properly advise you what can be done and what you should expect. I hope that this helps.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor

Rhinoplasty is the most difficult procedure to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, and an asymmetric and bulbous tip makes it even more difficult.  Best to seek out a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for best results, and make sure your follow-up with that surgeon after the surgery.  The follow-up appointments are just as important as the surgery itself.

Rhinoplasty

You should be able to get a good result from your rhinoplasty with an experienced surgeon. Much of the changes you need are in the tip area as you have wide and split lower cartilages. 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos and from them without an examination you are an excellent candidate for the desired procedure and should get a wonderful result.  So see some experts and choose your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Will My Rhinoplasty Be Difficult?

I consider all rhinoplasty surgery difficult because it is the most challenging cosmetic operation that we do, especially in a young attractive lady like yourself who needs careful refinement so she achieves a natural feminine result. Selecting a surgeon will be the most difficult part of your rhinoplasty procedure.

Rhinoplasty

It looks like you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. When going in for your consultation, I would let your surgeon know what your specific goals are so he can review with you what can be accomplished.  Best of luck.

Nasal tip de-projection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to decrease the overall size of your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had tip de-projection surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Picking a rhinoplasty surgeon....

Thank you for sharing your photos and inquiry. 

Based on your photos you need tip refinement and small reductions in general in all areas.

Review before and after photos to determine who is a good surgeon for you. It's like artwork.

You'll find the right one for you.

Good luck.

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD