Should I get my breasts done? (Photo)

Lately I've been feeling like the top of my breasts are losing volume and becoming rather flat. Ive been doing some research, and as I don't have my mind set quite yet I would like some opinions. If so, what should I get done?

Breast Augmentation Candidate

At the end of the day, the choice as to whether or not to undergo a breast augmentation is yours. With that being said, it appears as though you would be an excellent candidate for this procedure, as it will assist in restoring your upper pole fullness that both time and gravity can have an effect on. If you decide to undergo a breast augmentation, you’ll want to schedule an in-person consultation with a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon, as he/she can better assess your situation in person. Additionally, you’ll want to make sure that whatever surgeon you choose, he/she has before and after photos that are in-line you’re your expectations and desires. Good luck!

Should I get my breasts done?

Ultimately, whether or not to undergo breast augmentation surgery will be a very personal decision that only you can make after careful consideration of your "concerns" regarding breast size/volume weighed against potential downsides/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation surgery.   You will find a lot of information regarding these considerations on this website, and on the attached link as well.

Generally, I would advise that if you are in doubt:  don't proceed.

Should I get my breasts done?

You have perfectly normal well-formed attractive breasts.  Choosing to have breast augmentation is a very personal decision and involves incisions, scars, and potential complications.  I think you look very nice now I would not advise breast augmentation unless you are really motivated.  If your breasts concern new and are something he think about every day then seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Augmentation

You would be an excellent candidate for this procedure, as it will assist in restoring your upper pole fullness that both time and gravity can have an effect on. Breast augmentation can help you to regain fullness in the upper pole of your breasts.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is a great place to start.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Get breasts done?

Hello,  it is a matter of personal preference when (if at all) to have surgery to change the size and perkiness of the breasts.   If you are unhappy with your current breast shape and volume, you could always seek a consultation with a PS to determine your options.  You would then have a better idea whether the cost and risks of surgery are justified by the improvement in breast shape.

Breast augmentation

Breast augmentation can help you to regain fullness in the upper pole of your breasts.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is a great place to start.  There are many options available to you based on your surgical goals.  There are differently shaped implants to choose from and your surgeon can assist you in picking a size that will compliment your frame. 

Camille Cash, MD

Advice on Breast augmentation

The decision to go ahead has to be based on your own values, needs, and preferences. Many patients come in asking for breast augmentation because their breasts appear deflated, small, asymmetric, or simply because they want to look like a certain celebrity. The real question is if the appearance of your breasts has an impact on your life. If you feel that more upper pole fullness would help you in feel better about yourself, and improve your self-confidence, then it is a decision you can further explore.

There can be multiple reasons for loss of breast volume or sagging. If your breasts had a large proportion of fat, any weight loss would cause deflation of the breasts. If you had a pregnancy and have breast-fed, then your breast tissue would give off its fat deposits and deflate as well. Multiple pregnancies can also quicken the sagging of the breasts. Smoking increases sagging as its chemicals work to break down elastin, the protein which keeps your breast supple and firm. Age and heredity are 2 other factors that are out of your control.

In my opinion, you would be a great candidate for breast augmentation. I would urge you to seek a board-certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation about breast augmentation. Please research more, and if you know people who got breast augmentation, ask them how it helped. Come up with questions, concerns, expectations, and goals when you go to see a surgeon. You should ask a surgeon for photos of their work on patients who match your breast type and try to determine if that is what you want. An in-person exam will most likely provide you with a thorough and comprehensive discussion on breast augmentation.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Should I get my breasts done? (Photo)

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your questions.  If you are concerned with the top of your breasts losing volume there are a few options.  You might be a candidate for a benelli (around the nipple) breast lift and perhaps fat transfer or a breast implant, depending on how much volume you are looking for.  Starting with looking at photos of what you like and don't like is a great way to start on the path the will work best for you.  As always, only consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best of Luck,

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. After reviewing your pictures, it does appear that you would be a good candidate for breast augmentation. With age, it is common to lose volume in your breast. Breast augmentation is a great way to achieve a more youthful appearance.